• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • angel71rs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    Confirming what we already knew:

"Documents obtained by CBS News show that the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) discussed using their covert operation "Fast and Furious" to argue for controversial new rules about gun sales."

"ATF officials didn't intend to publicly disclose their own role in letting Mexican cartels obtain the weapons, but emails show they discussed using the sales, including sales encouraged by ATF, to justify a new gun regulation called "Demand Letter 3"."

Documents: ATF used "Fast and Furious" to make the case for gun regulations - CBS News Investigates - CBS News
    Texas SOT

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I figured this was the case when they struck at Carters Country pointing to them as a major source of guns crossing the border here in Houston though the media.

Carters Country came back with the fact that the ATF, despite Carters Country warning the BATF of straw buyers, was told to allow the transactions.

Nice to see my suspicions proved in writing though. I hope this further makes the case that the BATF is nothing but a government pawn and should be removed.

noskilz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    Houston
    Holder has absolutely NO SHAME! He can't help himself. His ideology must be implemented - facts be damned! This man is an unrepentant criminal - the very worst kind. He still thinks he's right. Unbelievable!

Holder said such a program "must never happen again," but effectively urged lawmakers to move on -- and tackle the broader issue of the flow of firearms into Mexico.
    "We cannot afford to allow the tragic mistakes of 'Operation Fast and Furious' to become a political sideshow or a series of media opportunities," he said. "Instead, we must move forward and recommit ourselves to our shared public safety obligations."
    He used the occasion to prod Congress to support efforts to give the Justice Department broader legal tools to track firearms purchases.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I figured this was the case when they struck at Carters Country pointing to them as a major source of guns crossing the border here in Houston though the media.

Carters Country came back with the fact that the ATF, despite Carters Country warning the BATF of straw buyers, was told to allow the transactions.

Nice to see my suspicions proved in writing though. I hope this further makes the case that the BATF is nothing but a government pawn and should be removed.

I like how ATF shut up about Carter's Country after their lawyer went public with what really happened.

ATF is worse than a government pawn. It's supporting a particular political agenda! That's the kind of thing that should lead to torches and pitchforks...

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    The gov has lost most of their credibility in the past few years here lately they've been caught in lie after lie after lie about some serious stuff like f&f and the newest being the dea money scam. People are getting sick of these jokers on a mass scale and it's just a matter of time before a large group just snaps and stuff starts to pop off. IMO holder should be Held accountable for the f&f scandal a prosecuted to the fullest extent along with the other ring leaders involved.

Top Bottom