• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Pretty much like the title says, my father-in-law has decided suddenly :banghead: that he needs an SKS in light of recent events. Anyone know of a source to find them? I checked AIM, Dan's, centerfire systems and gunbroker and gunsamerica and google. Did I miss a potential source? Anyone's cousin's uncle looking to get rid of one? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    Texas SOT

dieselmech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    dfw
    does he have any nice bolt actions to trade? I have a 1954 russian less then 100 rounds from when I bought it 15 years ago. looks like it may have been a reissue as the numbers on the mag were reingraved.

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    does he have any nice bolt actions to trade? I have a 1954 russian less then 100 rounds from when I bought it 15 years ago. looks like it may have been a reissue as the numbers on the mag were reingraved.

He's looking to buy. He doesn't like getting rid of guns anymore than I do. I'm only doing the legwork for him because he lacks a basic grasp of computers in general much less the internet. I told him if he thought he wanted something similar to get it a couple of months ago, but I'm just a booger eating moron who has no idea what he is talking about. He'd be looking for something local as well I think but can ask him if you wanna put a cash value on yours. This isn't exactly the correct section of the forum to broker a deal so PM me if you want to try and discuss it further.

dieselmech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    dfw
    no sorry. If I let it go for cash it will get spent elsewere. I did see a few yugos at cabellas a few weeks back I wanna say they were in the high $300 range.
    best o luck

Shaolin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Thanks! I just looked and they show one model in stock. I'll have to make some calls tomorrow!

Military Gun Supply of Ft. Worth has them in stock. I seen about 14 or 15 of them (Yugo) for around $200. Check out the website by adding a dot com after their name.

picketeer

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    NorthCentralTexas
    Why don't you post a REALLY FUZZY PIC so we will know what your father-in-law is looking for exactly!!!!!!!
    CHLLOL.gif

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Don't know him from Adam but this is how he treated one of my threads and I am just returning the favor!

Now I'm confused. I was defending your thread and siding with you on the fact that the sight was clearly visible despite the assertions of another member. I didn't view your earlier comments as a slight at all, but this one has me a little perplexed.

picketeer

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    NorthCentralTexas
    Now I'm confused. I was defending your thread and siding with you on the fact that the sight was clearly visible despite the assertions of another member. I didn't view your earlier comments as a slight at all, but this one has me a little perplexed.

All in the spirit of good clean fun my friend...............no need for being perplexed at all! Just rolling with the flow! :patriot:

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    OK. I can handle that. Just seemed like perhaps somehow I came across wrong somewhere along the way and you were letting me know ever so subtly. I see it is as I originally thought. I actually looked for a kids drawing of an sks or a blurry pic after reading your first reply but never could.

picketeer

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    NorthCentralTexas
    OK. I can handle that. Just seemed like perhaps somehow I came across wrong somewhere along the way and you were letting me know ever so subtly. I see it is as I originally thought. I actually looked for a kids drawing of an sks or a blurry pic after reading your first reply but never could.

I'm good if you're good!
    CHLSmile.gif

O.S.O.K.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Uh, go to GunBroker.com Online Gun Auction and do a search for SKS and you will see several options - I recommend a good Chicom, Russian or Romanian over the Yugos. Yugos are great guns but I favor the chromed bores on those others. The Russians are the classics of course but the Romanians are really nice IMHO.

ETA - oops, guess this is a "second that" gunbroker reply - but really that's the place.

Oh, and I recommend keeping with the stock, 10 round fixed mag, using the stock sights (don't try and mount a receiver mounted scope mount - they all suck and will shoot loose). Get stripper clips for this if he wants quick-load capability and a cheap chicom chest pouch rig too - they are excellent really.

If he feels the need to upgrade the sights, then I would steer him to a rear-mounted aperture sight - I can't show this to you but I've seen these around -they mount behind the receiver cover - best going.

Ah - found it:

isoview1.jpg

Tech-SIGHTS Precision Shooting Accessories

Top Bottom