Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    C44C5657-ED61-4F0C-9EC8-7CED6975443B.jpeg
    Rio Texas Game Load. The first time I used them, everyone else out there made fun of my high brass shells. They were all using high velocity shells. Once they figured out i had 1-1/4 oz of lead traveling the same speed as their 7/8 oz loads, they all started asking where they could find them. Within a coupon weeks, everybody was carrying blue high brass shells.

hoghunting

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2014
    I use Winchester AA Target loads as they have a very consistent pattern. When I buy them on sale and with the rebate, they're the same price as cheap ammo.
    Used them yesterday to limit out and the brass never sticks in the chambers of my SxS like the plated cheap ammo does.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    My favorite dove loads are a grill loaded with breasted whitewings ,( refrigerated whole for 3 days, stuffed with jalapeno, bacon wrapped , and marinated in coca cola and soy sauce over mesquite coals.

Ohhhh....shotgun loads.....the one that drops them. Seriously , no doubt a superior load helps increase your chances of downing a dove, but MORESO is practicing at the range beforehand .

I recall a year where 5 or 6 guys were sitting in the back of pick-ups and I took the back of the line. Boom boom boom boom boom boom.....(going away.... boom...dead dove.) After awhile, a guy snuck around to the end of the line, soooo.....I just knocked them down crossing. IIRC, cheapest dove loads on the market.
    Not trying to dis anyone , and it never hurts to use the best and keep the odds in your favor , but ability is the most important factor, which comes from time behind the stock.

The best load is a worked up reload, which AGAIN, requires behind the stock time. No shortcuts.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    View attachment 147460 Rio Texas Game Load. The first time I used them, everyone else out there made fun of my high brass shells. They were all using high velocity shells. Once they figured out i had 1-1/4 oz of lead traveling the same speed as their 7/8 oz loads, they all started asking where they could find them. Within a coupon weeks, everybody was carrying blue high brass shells.

Where do you get them?
    I do not remember ever seeing these around my area.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Found some at the Academy in Webster.
    Picked up some 20ga 1oz. #8’s.
    That sounds pretty good. I bought a bunch of their Estate 20ga shells 7/8 oz #7.5s last year and I've had pretty good success with them. Kinda a semi-high brass. My seat-of-the-pants feeling is that I can knock them down at longer distances than some of the other el-cheapo shells I buy.

Top Bottom