Favorite Famous Quotes

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by kerryp, Jul 10, 2009.

1. kerryp

kerryp Active Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    Just read a quote I liked and figured I would start a thread to see what everyones favorite quotes are....tey can be anything, serrious, funny, silly, whatever you got....

Thought this was fitting with the current state of the union:

"We must handle ourselves so that no weak power which is behaving itself shall have cause to fear us, and no strong power of any kind shall be able to oppress us or wrong us!"

Author: Theodore Roosevelt (at a speech given in San Antonio at the Alamo in 1905).

2. boycan

boycan Active Member

Mar 6, 2009
    North Dallas
    "Never step on the toes connected to the ass you may have to kiss someday!"

I guess you can tell I have had some upper level turn over lately at work! LOL

3. hkusp1

hkusp1 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    your friends might get me in a rush but not before i make your head into a canoe!
    Wyatt Earp Tombstone
    cant remember the actors name but you get the point.

4. Jeff B

Jeff B Active Member

May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

John Wayne as John Bernard Books (The Shootist)

I've always liked that one (amongst others from the Duke)

Jeff B.

5. Texican Scotty

Texican Scotty Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Humble, TX
    "Some people are like slinkies, not really good for much, but you can't help but smile when they tumble down the stairs." Unknown

"If you think this country is screwed up now, just wait till I get through with it." Rufus T. Firefly (Groucho Marx)

I think this should be Obama's theme.

6. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    All the freedom you want is outside my front door (Me)

Have varied it with "property line", "front lawn", "just past the mailbox", etc..

The rich stay rich by acting poor, the poor stay poor by acting rich. (Dunno)

If you want a pet, get a dog. Leadership Secrets of Atila the Hun

7. kerryp

kerryp Active Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    All good ones. I like any quote from the Duke, the Shootist is probably the best, but its hard to watch knowing that he was suffering and dying during the filming,,,,,,,salute to The Duke :texas:

8. cowboy45

cowboy45 Active Member

May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    John Wayne is my favorite. In the movie Big Jake, Christopher Mitchum and Patrick Wayne are playinig with a semi-auto I believe it is a bergman. The Duke says , while you boys are playing with that fancy pistol in that fancy holster, some old fashioned gentleman with an old fashioned sixgun is gonna blow a hole in you.

9. Texican Scotty

Texican Scotty Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Humble, TX
    "It is better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it." Woodrow Call

10. Man With A Gun...

Man With A Gun... Member

May 22, 2009
    Lakeway, Tx
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny."
    -Thomas Jefferson