• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    Just read a quote I liked and figured I would start a thread to see what everyones favorite quotes are....tey can be anything, serrious, funny, silly, whatever you got....

Thought this was fitting with the current state of the union:

"We must handle ourselves so that no weak power which is behaving itself shall have cause to fear us, and no strong power of any kind shall be able to oppress us or wrong us!"

Author: Theodore Roosevelt (at a speech given in San Antonio at the Alamo in 1905).
    ARJ Defense ad

boycan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    North Dallas
    "Never step on the toes connected to the ass you may have to kiss someday!"

I guess you can tell I have had some upper level turn over lately at work! LOL

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    your friends might get me in a rush but not before i make your head into a canoe!
    Wyatt Earp Tombstone
    cant remember the actors name but you get the point.

Jeff B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

John Wayne as John Bernard Books (The Shootist)

I've always liked that one (amongst others from the Duke)

Jeff B.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    Humble, TX
    "Some people are like slinkies, not really good for much, but you can't help but smile when they tumble down the stairs." Unknown

"If you think this country is screwed up now, just wait till I get through with it." Rufus T. Firefly (Groucho Marx)

I think this should be Obama's theme.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    All the freedom you want is outside my front door (Me)

Have varied it with "property line", "front lawn", "just past the mailbox", etc..

The rich stay rich by acting poor, the poor stay poor by acting rich. (Dunno)

If you want a pet, get a dog. Leadership Secrets of Atila the Hun

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    All good ones. I like any quote from the Duke, the Shootist is probably the best, but its hard to watch knowing that he was suffering and dying during the filming,,,,,,,salute to The Duke

cowboy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    John Wayne is my favorite. In the movie Big Jake, Christopher Mitchum and Patrick Wayne are playinig with a semi-auto I believe it is a bergman. The Duke says , while you boys are playing with that fancy pistol in that fancy holster, some old fashioned gentleman with an old fashioned sixgun is gonna blow a hole in you.

Bullseye Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
    I've always been partial to a line from an Elmore Leonard book:

"Wonderful things begin to happen when you plant the seeds of mistrust in a garden full of a..holes."

And this from the 1904 Naval Officer's Guide:

"Enlisted men may be stupid, but they are sly and cunning and bear careful watching."

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    My e-mail signature for work...
    "We wil always remember. We will always be prepared, so we may always be free..."
    -Ronald Reagan

"I disagree with what you say, but I will defend till the death your right to say it."
    -Voltaire

And a favorite:
    "Nobody cares..........."
    -John Farnam

Texsun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    There are three things you need in life, a good doctor, a good lawyer and a good taxidermist.

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    "Be thankful we are not getting all of the government we are paying for."
    Will Rogers

"If you shoot at mimes, should you use a silencer?",
    Steven Wright

"You can't have everything, where would you put it?"
    Steven Wright

MuddyWaterMan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Houston
    And shepherds we shall be,
    For Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    So that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls shall it ever be.

[FONT=Helvetica, Verdana, Arial][FONT=Courier New,Courier,monospace]And when I vest my flashing sword And my hand takes hold in judgment I will take vengeance upon mine enemies And I will repay those who haze me O Lord, raise me to Thy right hand And count me among Thy saints .

"Whosoever shed last blood. By man shall his blood be shed. For immunity of god make he the man. Destroy all that which is evil. So that which is good may flourish. And I shall count thee among my favored sheep. And you shall have the protection of all the angels in heaven."

Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Verdana, Arial] [FONT=Courier New,Courier,monospace] [/FONT]Now you will receive us![FONT=Courier New,Courier,monospace]We do not ask for your poor or your hungry[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New,Courier,monospace]We do not want your tired and sick.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New,Courier,monospace]It is your corrupt we claim.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New,Courier,monospace]It is your evil that will be sought by us.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New,Courier,monospace]With every breath we shall hunt them down[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New,Courier,monospace]Each day we will spill their blood 'till it rains down from the skies[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New,Courier,monospace]Do not kill, do not rape, do not steal. These are principals which every man of every faith can embrace.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New,Courier,monospace]These are not polite suggestions. These are codes of behavior, and those of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New,Courier,monospace]There are varying degrees of evil, we urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the bounds and cross over into true corruption, into our domain.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New,Courier,monospace]But if you do, one day you will look behind you and you will see we three. And on that day you will reap it.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New,Courier,monospace]And we will send you to whatever god you wish.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

You know what it is from....lol

Top Bottom