• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    What's everyone's favorite huntin rig? scope, caliber and rifle make and model.
    I like my Ted Williams .30-.06 with a fixed 7 power scope and I like 150 gr win power point for deer and hogs. My fiance likes the muzzle loader the best no scope .50 145gr powder 300gr Hornady HP bullet.
    I'll have a good pic up this weekend.

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    I'm currently digging my Weatherby I got last year. 30-06 with 3-9x40 Nikon. I shoot the Winchester 150gr ballistic tips. I don't have any good pics of it, but there are some crappy ones in the rifle picture thread.

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Yeah, I've been meaning to pull some stuff out of the safe and update my inventory lists and take some better pictures while I'm at it, but with 2 jobs and 2 kids I keep putting it off. Now with shotgun season ramping up who knows if I'll get around to it or not.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Its a toss up for me either a FN .30-06 with Simmions 3.5-10X40 and reloads or Remington model 600 Mowhawk .243 with Bushnell Elite Hornady 58gr Vmax's

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    My old deer rifle that could not have been any better, a Model 92 saddle ring lever action carbine in .357 caliber, stolen by Mexican bandits in Houston years ago, can't even find another like it in as good of condition.

But I have a new .308 hog gun that I hope works out for me!

DPMS16in2009rs800paint.jpg

technoronin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    My old deer rifle that could not have been any better, a Model 92 saddle ring lever action carbine in .357 caliber, stolen by Mexican bandits in Houston years ago, can't even find another like it in as good of condition.

But I have a new .308 hog gun that I hope works out for me!

Some folks might be offended by the bayonet, but if you're hunting javelina, having a last ditch method of stopping them is a really good idea. Those things are mean!

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    Have several, but this one is a favorite. Standard Model M pump, .25 Remington, Lyman aperture rear and factory front sight. Here's a doe I whacked a couple of years ago with the old girl.

Attachments

• DSCF0003f.jpg
      DSCF0003f.jpg
      71.4 KB · Views: 196

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    My favorite is my Winchester Pre 64 Model 70 in .308. According to the serial number, it was made the same year as my birth which really makes it cool for me. I have it topped with a Simmons Atec 4x12x50 and it is a real tack driver. I have the original Weaver 4x scope that has non adjustable crosshairs. The scope is adjusted by the front & rear mounts. Front adjusts elevation and rear adjusts windage. I have taken several whitetails and a mulie at 275 yards with this gun.

tex

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    My Ted Williams is a model 70 with a different name it was made by winchester for sears. It's been a while since I looked up the serial numbers but it is post 64 I think. I have a Leopold fixed 7x and can hit an 8 inch circle out to 200. (I need a little work at 300) I think 3 would not be hard to attain with a 3x9 or a 4x12 but I just love the way that old scope sits on that old riffle, I like the classic look that it has. I just got it back from the pawn shop (only my black powder riffle left in there now ) so I thought I'd check it's zero when I went skeet shooting at Eagle peak Sunday. I left the skeet throwers and took six shots at 100, 7 or months in the pawn shop having been dropped God knows how many times in there and it shot pretty good. I never missed my 8" shoot n c sticker and it was a 3" group.(not bad for a quick check)

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I've got a Tikka T3 Lite in .308 with a 40 year old Tasco 4x40 scope mounted on it. I haven't had it long but it's proven it's worth on a pig not to long ago. I also have a Mosin Nagant M91/30 that I've hunted deer with. It's not a sub-MOA gun like the Tikka but it will hit a deer in the neck at 100 yards open sights.

Top Bottom