Favorite legal carry fixed blade?

reddog

Jul 19, 2013
I did a search and didn't come up with anything specific so I thought I would ask what the rest of you were carrying? I currently carry a Buck 103 but it isn't meeting my needs and I'm shopping for something new. I prefer fixed blade to a folder and where I'm at everyone wears a fixed blade. So if you would take a minute and tell me what you've got and why you prefer it, I would appreciate hearing all of the opinions.

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
Feb 15, 2013
Dallas (Oak Cliff)
I did a search and didn't come up with anything specific so I thought I would ask what the rest of you were carrying? I currently carry a Buck 103 but it isn't meeting my needs and I'm shopping for something new. I prefer fixed blade to a folder and where I'm at everyone wears a fixed blade. So if you would take a minute and tell me what you've got and why you prefer it, I would appreciate hearing all of the opinions.
What are your needs? We could make more educated suggestions with that info

reddog

Jul 19, 2013
The 103 is a skinner, great for that purpose but until I started using it all the time I realized how much I use the point of a knife, the 103 really doesn't have a point. My needs?? 5" or so desired, thick blade, may have to use it for things a knife is not meant for, good edge holding, would prefer hi carbon but good stainless will work too. Otherwise, just think work knife, doesn't have to be fancy just a damn good tool.

Dman62

Jan 9, 2013
Prosper, TX
Swamp Rat Ratmandu is a great knife and has a 5 1/4" blade. Scrapyard 411 has a 4 1/2" blade and is much lighter. Both feel amazing in the hand and will hold an edge and take a lot of abuse. 2 of my favorite knives.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
May 23, 2013
17 Oaks Ranch
I carry a TOPS Cat Q 346 (its a new design, and I have one of the prototypes for testing) its very similar to a CAT 202 TOPS Knives.com

Unlike the 202 the handle is wrapped in Kevlar paracord, slightly different blade design. I like it a lot, not so keen on the belt attachment as its fixed so you cannot wear it anyway but vertical.

I think it is compliant with Texas law also....Tex law on fixed blade knife carry is very STRICT! In fact amazingly so for Texas. If you live outside the city limits, drive a truck then the Deputy Sheriff will most likely just ask where you got it and do they still have any in stock and was it on sale. But inside the city limits its a whole nother story.

Texasslinger

May 18, 2012
houston
7e2adepa.jpg

ubaha5um.jpg

I like fixed blade CRKT Razel.
Next one will be Gerber Guardian

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast