• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua
    I did a search and didn't come up with anything specific so I thought I would ask what the rest of you were carrying? I currently carry a Buck 103 but it isn't meeting my needs and I'm shopping for something new. I prefer fixed blade to a folder and where I'm at everyone wears a fixed blade. So if you would take a minute and tell me what you've got and why you prefer it, I would appreciate hearing all of the opinions.
    Texas SOT

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    I did a search and didn't come up with anything specific so I thought I would ask what the rest of you were carrying? I currently carry a Buck 103 but it isn't meeting my needs and I'm shopping for something new. I prefer fixed blade to a folder and where I'm at everyone wears a fixed blade. So if you would take a minute and tell me what you've got and why you prefer it, I would appreciate hearing all of the opinions.

What are your needs? We could make more educated suggestions with that info

reddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua
    The 103 is a skinner, great for that purpose but until I started using it all the time I realized how much I use the point of a knife, the 103 really doesn't have a point. My needs?? 5" or so desired, thick blade, may have to use it for things a knife is not meant for, good edge holding, would prefer hi carbon but good stainless will work too. Otherwise, just think work knife, doesn't have to be fancy just a damn good tool.

Dman62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Prosper, TX
    Swamp Rat Ratmandu is a great knife and has a 5 1/4" blade. Scrapyard 411 has a 4 1/2" blade and is much lighter. Both feel amazing in the hand and will hold an edge and take a lot of abuse. 2 of my favorite knives.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I carry a TOPS Cat Q 346 (its a new design, and I have one of the prototypes for testing) its very similar to a CAT 202 TOPS Knives.com

Unlike the 202 the handle is wrapped in Kevlar paracord, slightly different blade design. I like it a lot, not so keen on the belt attachment as its fixed so you cannot wear it anyway but vertical.

I think it is compliant with Texas law also....Tex law on fixed blade knife carry is very STRICT! In fact amazingly so for Texas. If you live outside the city limits, drive a truck then the Deputy Sheriff will most likely just ask where you got it and do they still have any in stock and was it on sale. But inside the city limits its a whole nother story.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    My absolute favorite sub 5.5" fixed blade is this one, from my friend Joe at JW Knives / Centex Blade Works:

9263602129_57fc8d02a0_c.jpg

2013-07-11 18.25.26 by Dillo Dynamics, on Flickr

Byaah_19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    DFW
    Spyderco Manix 2 XL. Love it. Almost a 4 inch blade and not very heavy for its size. S30V steel which I love.

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    I keep a TOPS Lil Bro in my boot most days. If I'm needing more it is replaced with an ESEE5

BRevell

<b>Forum Sponsor</b>
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 11, 2013
    N Austin
    Emerson Combat Karambit in my fob pocket if I'm wearing jeans. CRKT Ringed Razel like Texasslinger's on my belt if I'm working.

radioflyer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Where CHL is prohibited, My next-best is my Ka-Bar TDI with custom "shark tooth" serrations.

IMG_1610.jpg

IMG_1609.jpg

I carry it in the same manner as a IWB pistol so muscle memory has less change to which to adapt.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom