• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    My regular carry for years has been a Spyderco Native ... great knife, just replaced the original after breaking the tp doing something stupid ... I also have two k-bar folders as general work knives that also get carried, can't be beat ...
    Venture Surplus ad

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    My regular carry for years has been a Spyderco Native ... great knife, just replaced the original after breaking the tp doing something stupid ... I also have two k-bar folders as general work knives that also get carried, can't be beat ...
    Witch K bar folders do you have? I have one that I like but it seems to have a very soft blade.

drummingchevy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Houston
    I'm looking up some of these knives you guys have and wow! I didn't think some of these knives would be so pricey! Maybe I'll just get a couple of those $1 pocket knives at Wal*Mart...

cowboy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    3 bladed, yellow handled Moore, made in Matador, Texas
    Hate to break it to you CUATE, but they are not made in Matador Texas. Nice knives, that were made by an american company that went bankrupt.
    Moore found another builder and still make very nice knives.
    I really like the ones with the horn scales.

TXCleaver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Austin
    You're right I can't find any reference to them at all in the penal codes. That is funny I was always told they are illegal for sure but from what I read there is a gray area. Any LEO feel like educating me on the law here? And you are right they are anything but practical.
    In Texas, a butterfly knife is a switchblade knife, since it is opened (or can be opened) with gravity. Hence, it's a prohibited weapon and generally cannot be possessed legally.

There is an antique/curio exception that you could raise if you were ever prosecuted.

TXCleaver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Austin
    Shoot, I guess I should have stuck with the point of the thread -- I normally carry a SOG Flash I. Hope to get a Spyderco one of these days.

bfm0072

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Georgetown
    I carry this little swiss army knife daily. It works very well for what I need. Good steel, holds an edge, has a few much used accessories. swiss army 005.jpg

regulator

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Pearland
    Any Benchmade w/ an Axis Lock. These are the best production knives goin. I can carry it off-hand and tip down. Many knives won't let you do this. They are super-fast opening, even tho they aren't assisted (at least not the ones I own). I usually carry the Griptillion. It is light, and grips well. I skinned 2 deer last week, and it is still very sharp.

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    kershaw ken onion spring assist....all black with textured grip. or my SOG flash and i have a cold steel ti lite all three are my favorites

Top Bottom