• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgedmond

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Spring
    Good question.

I only shoot handguns in 9mm and am not a reloading expert, but I think that you want a relatively slow powder for a longer barrel. The slower burn maintains pressure (gas generation) until the bullet leaves the barrel.

Someone correct me if this is wrong or too simplistic.
    Hurley's Gold

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    I don't like Blue dot in pistols at all .. my buddy has put 500 rounds of it through his 9mm ar-15 over the past two months.. about 6.5 - 7 grns.. which to me means it is a slower burning powder. He is deadly accurate with those things. When we rabbit hunt he makes hs just about everytime at 20-25 yards with a red dot. Also we have a silouhette steel target and he can smack it out to 150 yards without much effort.. .Only first hand experience i have for you.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    hmmmm

any ideas for a good powder to take advantage of a 9mm carbine's longer barrel? or does it not make much difference?
    it hink i mightve asked this in another thread but jsut cant remmber. ive seen some interesting data on another forum someplace, andw as wondering what you guys think?

AA#7 is a very good choice.
    This powder burns a little slower and takes advantage of the longer barrel.
    Back when I had a 9mm carbine this was my choice.
    I loaded at max charges because you have enough barrel to burn the powder and take advantage of the slower burn rate thus producing higher PSI down bore.

Top Bottom