• ...and so much more!
  • jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    My instructor in Investigation in the Criminal Justice System in college told us the first day of the course; To help you find someone that committed an act, find out why they did it. It narrows down who did it.
    Nothing about why humans do the things they do has changed in the last 100,000 years or so. The only things that have changed are the date on the calendar, the names of the people involved and the technology involved in what they and how they do it.
    He was right.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    ARJ Defense ad

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    “Then something Tookish woke up inside him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit, or There and Back Again

“There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You certainly usually find something, if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit, or There and Back Again

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I'll start.
    Mark Twain wrote: "I have never wished a man dead. I have, however, read many an obituary with great delight!"

skfullen,

As my friends here know, I'm an old-school Jeffersonian liberal, i.e., a true conservative & often quote Tom Jefferson.

My favorite quote of his: "That government is best which governs least."

yours, satx

BigTexasOne

Support gun control! Hit what you aim at!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    My favorite quote of his: "That government is best which governs least." Long has this been a favorite of mine, oh, say about 60 years.

Another that I love, but have no idea where it came from, way something my Grandmother would say when someone or something was not working out as planned, "From a lump of mud, a flower may grow"

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    My favorite quote of his: "That government is best which governs least." Long has this been a favorite of mine, oh, say about 60 years.

Another that I love, but have no idea where it came from, way something my Grandmother would say when someone or something was not working out as planned, "From a lump of mud, a flower may grow"
    Your grandma was quite the lady; I've heard that before but it was another substance (that can appear to be mud) in the quote when I heard it.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    "Remember, every car you see on the road, every one one of them...you need to assume that the drivers are actively trying to kill you. You need to expect them to do the absolute stupidest thing you can imagine at the worst possible time. Don't trust any of them - assume they're all idiots."

-Me, teaching my boys to drive.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    "Remember, every car you see on the road, every one one of them...you need to assume that the drivers are actively trying to kill you. You need to expect them to do the absolute stupidest thing you can imagine at the worst possible time. Don't trust any of them - assume they're all idiots."

One of my older cousins teaching me to ride a motorcycle taught me very similar to that!

Steven Walker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Waco, TX

Same words my Dad told me when I went from off road dirt biking to asphalt. Saved my life more than once. I have seen people reading and putting on makeup while on the freeway. (California 91).

Top Bottom