• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    Ruger 22/45 is my favorite suppressor host. A little on the heavy side, but that's probably why it balances nicely with a can.

Anyone have a Beretta Bobcat 21a they can comment on? They look like a hoot.

I have had several 22/45s and they do make for my favorite host as far as accuracy and reliability. I keep letting myself get traded out of them. The Walther P-22 is a very close second.
    I have a Beretta 21-A that was extended and threaded aftermarket, before the factory offered them that way. It is the quietest package that I have .

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Have a 1911 .22 that is a great shooter. Used it with my kids to train them on their first range outing.

1620745176275.png

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I've got one of the weirdest rimfires: A Beretta Neos. You have to try one to understand. Then, do a field strip on one for a big WTF...

Pops1955

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Ruger SR 22 with a Twin Tech Tactical Vortec .22 can. Works really well for squirrels in the back yard.
    Shoot Winchester subsonic HP.

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    .22's come in any manner of types and functions. It has been around since the advent of metallic cartridges. The old "Rollin-White" patent used by Smith & Wesson 8n their Modal 1 revolver was in 1855. Just too many to consider but the fun ones are always interesting. The Remington-Elliot five shot pepperbox was quite neat. All of the knuckle-dusters especially the one s made by Reid Firearms known a the "My Friend" knuckle duster. Far too many little single shot muff pistols to go into. BUT they are still around all these years later. When I am driving and my side arm is blocked by the console and seat belt latch, getting to my main gun in the event of a car jacker could make things difficult. As I was recently asked by a police officer friend? What do I do? I told him when I am sitting on my piece as in this case. I showed him that sitting nicely between my legs under the steering wheel is a High Standard stainless two shot (over/under) .22 mag. Nasty little bugger especially at point blank range with Hollow Points ... best to find a different UBER Driver... lol

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    My only .22 handgun is:
    H&R MODEL 939 ULTRA SIDEKICK----------------------------1957-1972
    Solid Frame, Double Action, Swing-out cylinder, Square Butt, 22 Long Rifle Caliber, 9 shot, Blue Finish, Barrel Length 6 inches, Flat Sided Bull
    H&R 939 Ultra Sidekick 22 Revolver.jpg

SMG_0012.jpg

I broke the mainspring once and it lived at the gunsmith for 18 months waiting on repair.
    Actually the gun store with the gunsmith kept firing their gunsmiths. Talk about delays !

Last edited:

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    I’d say that was a fair price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I too have a GSG-5 SP. Pretty neat gun. Is your the first model? The one that H&K got all bent about? They sued the crap out of GSG Group because HK MP-5 parts fir on it. I rebuilt my first model with MP 5 parts including a cutdown wooden fore end. there are a number of H&K Mp-5 parts that drop right in. The bounding trigger mechanism is one! They are pretty jam happy with the way GSG configured their trigger mechanism. When I got it, it did not work. Put an MP5 trigger in there and no more problem Then removed the magazine follower plate thumb attachment and threw it away! I use a small allen wrench to pull down the magazine ammo follower when loading,,,, no more jammed magazines. real fun little semi auto ammo waster!

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Hunting feral cats - my lawn lion gun, integrally suppressed Ruger 77/22
    Backyard practice - integrally suppressed Ruger Mk II
    Plinking fun - CMMG dedicated upper on the M16 lower with or without the suppressor
    Love my 77/22, its boat-paddle zytel stock and the squirrels it puts in my freezer.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    Love my 77/22, its boat-paddle zytel stock and the squirrels it puts in my freezer.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    Where I live somehow, any suppressor WILL get you room and board at the nearest State OWNED Hotel. Just being a gun owner in certain vicinities makes you a suspect for scrutiny. Stay out of Illinois!

Top Bottom