• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    So I'm watching him get "grilled" by the Jud. Committee from yesterday on cspan and I nearly want to punch my TV. For one he just reeks of smugness with his smirks on every other question asked of him (not to mention constantly consulting with his advisors behind him to make sure his legalese is correct). One of them asked him about the IRS investigation and of course he gives the obligatory "ongoing investigation" line. I immediately look down at my tablet on the Drudge home page and see this gem http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/13/f...ngle-tea-party-group-in-irs-probe-groups-say/

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Capitol Armory ad

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Ya at least it's finally being bared out in public so people can see how many idiots/bold faced liars there are on Capital Hill...

Still my stress level from watching this crap makes work stress seem like a walk in the park.

I think one thing that really gets me is how everyone of these reps start off by thanking him for his years of service and their admiration of the good job he does...

Last edited:

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Considering that he had to know he'd be answering questions over the investigation before Congress, this tells me there's NOT an investigation going on...

Especially when you consider all these questions were given to the director BEFORE the hearing took place as one of the committee meets just pointed out.... this is beyond pathetic that he answers with so many I don't knows. Did director Mueller have problems getting his homework in on time in school? Anybody trying to pull this BS in the private sector in a board meeting would be fired on the spot.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Especially when you consider all these questions were given to the director BEFORE the hearing took place as one of the committee meets just pointed out.... this is beyond pathetic that he answers with so many I don't knows. Did director Mueller have problems getting his homework in on time in school? Anybody trying to pull this BS in the private sector in a board meeting would be fired on the spot.

I agree, I don't know why we allow government employees any more leeway then the private sector generally would.

ATX_Shawn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Austin
    I think one thing that really gets me is how everyone of these reps start off by thanking him for his years of service and their admiration of the good job he does...
    Just another dog an pony show..

Anybody trying to pull this BS in the private sector in a board meeting would be fired on the spot.
    Exactly.. So most every one in Barry's cabinet should be fired, including him. Cause dont nobody know nothing.. EVER

ATX_Shawn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Austin
    I agree, I don't know why we allow government employees any more leeway then the private sector generally would.

Too many Chiefs, not enough Indians..

Who do they report to, who are they accountable too, who's going to fire them? It takes entirely too long to hold our public officials accountable, by the time its investigated no one remembers what happened cause there is too much crap happening. Pisses me off when our elected officials decide "oh i wont be going to that hearing, or committee meeting"

Look here jack.. you work for us.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Too many Chiefs, not enough Indians..

Who do they report to, who are they accountable too, who's going to fire them? It takes entirely too long to hold our public officials accountable, by the time its investigated no one remembers what happened cause there is too much crap happening. Pisses me off when our elected officials decide "oh i wont be going to that hearing, or committee meeting"

Look here jack.. you work for us.

I guess it's up to us, one way or the other.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I guess it's up to us, one way or the other.
    It's up to the DOJ to charge these people with anything (like that NSA guy that perjured himself in front of congress). Of course they aren't going to do shit... I think the only thing we can do is file a federal suit, but I know I don't have the money for that.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    It's up to the DOJ to charge these people with anything (like that NSA guy that perjured himself in front of congress). Of course they aren't going to do shit... I think the only thing we can do is file a federal suit, but I know I don't have the money for that.

Well one thing we can do is go up to Washington in force and perform citizens arrest on all these leeches on the hill and form citizen grand juries to prosecute them........

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Is anyone else amazed at how members of this administration get a pass by pleading incompetence? "I have no idea what my department is up to or who's responsible. Not my fault." should not be an acceptable answer to ANY of the questions asked in ANY of these scandals.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Something to think about, government has become so large it's first thought like a wounded animal is to protect itself jobs and money, we the people are far down the list. It's difficult to tell who they see as the enemy terrorist or Joe average citizen. As government grows so will the corruption.

ATX_Shawn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Austin

I think its less about money and more about time and effort.. We could always start an organization and get some fund raising going..

Well one thing we can do is go up to Washington in force and perform citizens arrest on all these leeches on the hill and form citizen grand juries to prosecute them........

I'm curious.. could this be done? More specifically, could you actually arrests, without violating any laws, a congressman or senator. Keeping in mind that there are defenses to prosecution for things like use of force, when affecting a lawful arrest. Assuming someone would actually prosecute those you arrested.. could a mob of citizens walk into congress and actually make arrests for violations of federal laws without themselves violating laws?

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I think its less about money and more about time and effort.. We could always start an organization and get some fund raising going..

I'm curious.. could this be done? More specifically, could you actually arrests, without violating any laws, a congressman or senator. Keeping in mind that there are defenses to prosecution for things like use of force, when affecting a lawful arrest. Assuming someone would actually prosecute those you arrested.. could a mob of citizens walk into congress and actually make arrests for violations of federal laws without themselves violating laws?

Well if we were armed obviously we would be violating DCs court struck down gun laws. According to the constitution i believe we would be well within our rights.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    It's still going to take a lot of money. Even lawyers working for a righteous cause need to eat. Plus I'd wager that anyone involved in the suits are going to start being harassed. Expect personal audits and regulations inspectors to descend upon the businesses of everyone involved. There will need to be a defense fund for the organization and it's officers. If some org started filing suits to force prosecution on the turds in power, they would have just about all the support I could provide without leaving me homeless.

This would be the perfect thing for an established org to make a name for themselves; like GOA or JPFO since they don't seem to do much currently.

Top Bottom