• Status
    Not open for further replies.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    OK, I am seriously confused. Are we not allowed to post links like this? Is it something the OP did besides posting a link that possibly puts a LEO in a negative light? I for one find it newsworthy that a FBI agent shot himself accidentally. Do I wish there were more facts? Yes. But that fact alone is newsworthy enough to merit it being discussed here IMO. I agree, I am confused its in the hometown forum but its local news to OP, so....

As long as the discussion revolves around facts and stays on track, but too often they digress into speculation and insinuation which makes continuing pointless.

There's far too much law enforcement bashing going on, given the amount of time around weapons and the fallibility of humans there is a much greater chance of such accidents happening than in the general public. Same goes for the military, but I guarantee you that if you studied the facts you would find that based on the amount of time actually handling firearms you will find that such incidents are considerably less likely to occur in the law enforcement and military communities than anywhere else.

Case in point, look at the ignorant comments at the link provided. Those individuals are passing judgment based on no facts, but they still feel competent to do so. A few are even insulting. Instead of such criticism, a degree of gratitude should be displayed for the brave men and women of the FBI who risk their lives on a regular basis so morons like that can sit safely behind their keyboards second-guessing everything they do.

And I doubt any of them have had any firsthand experience with the FBI. I have, and can tell you that while being far from perfect, they are a dedicated, professional group of individuals who are devoted to their mission.

Why this is even newsworthy is beyond me...
    Target Sports

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I somewhat agree with you. I don't have to read the ignorant comments on the article, because I try and do my discussion of such subjects in forums like this. I personally find it interesting that if its any other Joe Blow that does this, it's no problem for us all to talk about. NDs are a fact of life for any shooter, at any level of skill. I think you are right that the real message tends to get lost. And yes, a fair amount of joking is due when the ND is someone you would expect to have mastered the fundamentals of gun safety. So let's use this thread to remember the real message: Gun safety is something that every shooter (at every skill level) needs to practice and focus on every occasion they handle a firearm.

cazador1022

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    border war zone EL PASO TX
    Go choke yourself, even if someone in LE had more info they wouldn't post it; it's none of your fucking business!
    maybe you should choke yourself, thats why its in Hometown section because a lot of us kow eachother and use this section for OUR news and info, go **** yourself in the san antonio section. I dont give a rats ass who you are, this is intended for ELP members. And they wonder why this forum is dying out?

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    I didn't realize this was the el paso section, lol...I don't pay attention since I just click the new threads link when I visit the site....but I'm a "moron," so it should be expected....lol....

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I didn't realize this was the el paso section, lol...I don't pay attention since I just click the new threads link when I visit the site....but I'm a "moron," so it should be expected....lol....

doesnt matter what section its in. its a duplicate post. we already had two other threads on it. if you wanna keep it local expand on your reason for posting it in el paisa section and then link to the existing threads.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    For all we know it could have been another retarded thread like he last that got closed for lack of a link....he'll, this thread creator has a second thread in this section for the same damn thing, but I guess he doesnt know how to edit or fix his thread....case/point:
    http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/el-paso/34285-http-www-kvia-com-news-31099130-detail-html.html

So we don't know what to expect from this guy, or if he was out fishing for responses.....btw, you're right, this site is going downhill fast....quick, leave while you can, lol.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    maybe you should choke yourself, thats why its in Hometown section because a lot of us kow eachother and use this section for OUR news and info, go **** yourself in the san antonio section. I dont give a rats ass who you are, this is intended for ELP members. And they wonder why this forum is dying out?

I'm giving you some time to cool down for this one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom