FDA - No better than the ATF

Texas1911

TGT Addict
May 29, 2017
Austin, TX
Looks like the FDA is moving to ban percocet and vicodin as prescribed pain medications due to the high content of acetaminophen.

Their reasoning? Less than 50 deaths a year occur from it's ABUSE.

So for the millions of people it was prescribed to and used properly by, they now have to possibly seek another pain medication because of people that are addicted to the substance, and / or use it recreationally as a method of getting high.

Yet another instance of the nanny state.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Feb 17, 2009
Rockport
I would venture a guess that the death's might have been caused by the vocodin or percocet, not the acetaminophen cause that death is a wee bit slower.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
May 29, 2017
Austin, TX
I would venture a guess that the death's might have been caused by the vocodin or percocet, not the acetaminophen cause that death is a wee bit slower.

Liver failure is the cause of death. I'd like to know how many of those were in conjunction with alcohol usage, or even suicides.

micah7488

Jun 4, 2009
Waxahachie/ San Antonio
there is still advil and aspirin to take the edge off. i think it is dumb because only does it fail the liver if you take it often, so it then makes me wonder why people arent enlightened about switching painkillers every couple of hours?

thorkyl

Oct 13, 2008
Brazoria County
while adjusting my tin foil hat...

percocet and vicodin are expensive

the obamaCare plan does not want to pay for it

there will be many "drugs" that will be outlawed as we are moved to the
wait there while you die health care

Top Bottom