• TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Agencies tamp down speculation over hollow-point ammo purchases | Fox News

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, or NOAA, found itself scrambling to respond to a similar report this week about an order for 46,000 rounds of ammo. Though the agency initially indicated it was for the National Weather Service -- leading to questions about why the National Weather Service could possibly need so many bullets -- a spokesman clarified the bullets are actually meant for the NOAA Fisheries Office of Law Enforcement. A "clerical error" resulted in the order saying the ammo was for the weather service.
    ARJ Defense ad

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    The Social Security Administration also?

Each have some sort of enforcement arm which these rounds go to train and arm. It's not really the big deal that the conspiracy theorists have made it out to be IMHO.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    No, it's not....but it IS funny to watch all the network idiots breathlessly reporting all the ammo purchases......if they had ANY idea how many rounds are expended on any given weekend at local ranges, they'd shit themselves!

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    It's like some agents from the USDA were sitting around one day: "hey, wouldn't it be cool if we had like...guns...and could just shoot farmers if they were running illegal, organic fruit stands?"

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I wish every federal agency didn't have their own law enforcement arm...

Concur.....as I wish the school districts didn't either. I mean, really - cops w/guns in elementary schools? I'd rather see them allow teachers to carry concealed, and then either reduce taxes, or "gift" the security funding back to the PD's that cover them.

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    For many years it was standard practice to shoot with wadcutters or semi wadcutters for practice and gave many local reloaders contracts. Honestly at the ranges that one fires when involved in an altercation it makes no differnce. Their best response would have been no response at all. Since they chose to do so, then...yes they are up to something.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    But I don't understand why they have to have these "deadly hollowpoint" bullets...
    Here's an opportunity to cut government spending; buy them cheaper ball ammo for their 'training' and then a smaller amount of the more expensive JHP loads for duty. Punching paper with Federal HST or similar rounds is a waste of money.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    But I don't understand why they have to have these "deadly hollowpoint" bullets...

I listened, painfully, for 20 minutes the other morning about "dumb-dumb" rounds. Illegal by the geneva convention. . . . :banghead:

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I really think the media is trying to make the right look like idiots, same as with the brith certificate issue.. So stupid, it shouldn't be talked about, but it keeps comming up.

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    Aside from every federal agency becoming militarized and kicking down the doors of guitar manufacturers to confiscate evil guitars made of wood that are destroying the planet, I have a real problem with dumb-ass reporters crying about "dangerous hollow point bullets that are designed to do massive tissue damage and were banned for use in war."

Yeah lets ban those evil bullets and only use the ones that are safe and don't hurt people. F*cking retards.

chris211

Gimme Back My Bullets!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    TX
    Here's an opportunity to cut government spending; buy them cheaper ball ammo for their 'training' and then a smaller amount of the more expensive JHP loads for duty. Punching paper with Federal HST or similar rounds is a waste of money.
    After reading how much ammo each agent gets (maybe 1300 rounds a year) and how little training time they get, they use their service ammo since most of them will never fire a shot on duty otherwise.

Top Bottom