• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txpaulie

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Rosharon
    They emailed me this AM with this stuff available for $28.49/500rnds., limit one brick per customer...

Got to my cart and they charged me $19.10 shipping.

I paid it. :(

I'm short on subsonic ammo.
    p
    Target Sports

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    They emailed me this AM with this stuff available for $28.49/500rnds., limit one brick per customer...

Got to my cart and they charged me $19.10 shipping.

I paid it. :(

I'm short on subsonic ammo.
    p

Looks like they are out of stock, again.:mad:

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    Ive purchased ammo from them before and never seen shipping prices that high. Did some laws change or something? I tried to buy a 20 rnd box of 38 spl ammo and got the same thing for shipping, way out of hand...

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Sorry db.

I've plenty of HV ammo, but REALLY prefer the quiet stuff...

...and yes, I do like Midway, generally speaking.

p

No problem. I have 22LR ammo but would like to get some more, before Easter. I've just been too slow, trying to buy it online. Thanks for the heads up, anyway.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Ive purchased ammo from them before and never seen shipping prices that high. Did some laws change or something? I tried to buy a 20 rnd box of 38 spl ammo and got the same thing for shipping, way out of hand...

When I first ordered from Midway in 1992, their big selling point was free shipping. I bought literally hundreds of pounds of bullets from them until they figured out that was not a good business model.

They did not get on the internet bandwagon until 1998 or thereabouts. To compete, they kept their prices low, but had to charge for shipping to stay in business.

It might be steep, but I'll pay a fair price for goods delivered to my door. Sure beats burning gas or diesel looking for the cheapest unobtanium ammo on the planet. And it is less expensive than if found at a gun show.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    If they would set limit at 2 would be ok but 1 is a no go for me, business plan IMO is to entice consumers to purchase other items due to shipping. I will pass on panic buying of 22lr until market levels but it is certainly up to each individual.

txpaulie

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Rosharon
    I generally concur...

I don't NEED any .22lr, but was getting low on the stuff I most prefer to shoot.

I suspect that I will not allow this to reoccur, once supply meets demand again...

p

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    If they would set limit at 2 would be ok but 1 is a no go for me, business plan IMO is to entice consumers to purchase other items due to shipping. I will pass on panic buying of 22lr until market levels but it is certainly up to each individual.

Speaking of... Does anybody have a clue as to why people are still waiting in line to buy .22? I just don't get it, they're still keeping it behind the counter when they get some in at my local Academy, and even still limit two boxes per customer. None of my local Wally Worlds have it on the shelves and when I see it on-line it sells out quickly even with amount restrictions. I have no problem finding all the other popular calibers anywhere I shop, just don't understand the motivation....

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom