• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    Anyone know if the Pacific War Museum in Fredericksburg is a Federal building?
    The exact name of it is "The National Museum of the Pacific War".
    I'm thinking that the "National" part makes it a Federal building, but I don't see anywhere stating that it is, or that it receives any Federal funding. OK to carry????
    Lynx Defense

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Not a federal facility. Also, federal facilities must provide notice of 18 USC 930 or you can't be convicted.

The original museum, the Admiral Nimitz Center, was a property of the State of Texas operating under the Admiral Chester W. Nimitz Memorial Naval Museum Commission. In subsequent years, it was transferred, first, to the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, and then to the Texas Historical Commission. In November of 2005, under an operating agreement with the Texas Historical Commission, The Admiral Nimitz Foundation assumed full fiscal and management responsibility for the National Museum of the Pacific War, which remained a Texas Historical Commission property.
    spacer.gif

Soldiernurse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2011
    Cedar Park, TX
    Must also be owned or leased by fed gov.
    BTW, I have an Ap (iPhone) related to CHL rules & regs, etc. that states a
    Federal facility parking lot is included in the "CHL CCW not allowed in/on Federal property" regulation.

The front entrance gate of SAMMC, aka BAMC, clearly displays a 30.06 sign :-(. I wish my CCW could be (allowed) concealed/secured in my POV.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    BTW, I have an Ap (iPhone) related to CHL rules & regs, etc. that states a
    Federal facility parking lot is included in the "CHL CCW not allowed in/on Federal property" regulation.
    IPhone app might not be the best source of information. Parking lot is not included in definition a federal facility. You can look it up for yourself. 18 U.S.C. § 930 : US Code - Section 930: Possession of firearms and dangerous weapons in Federal facilities

Parking lot at the Post Office is off limits but that is for a different reason.

The front entrance gate of SAMMC, aka BAMC, clearly displays a 30.06 sign :-(. I wish my CCW could be (allowed) concealed/secured in my POV.
    30.06 has nothing to do with a weapon in your vehicle because inside your vehicle you are not carrying on the authority of your CHL. You may legally drive past that sign.

J. Fred

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2011
    Devil's Backbone,RR32
    (3) the lawful carrying of firearms or other dangerous weaponsin a Federal facility incident to hunting or other lawfulpurposes.What would "other lawful purposes" be ?

Soldiernurse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2011
    Cedar Park, TX
    IPhone app might not be the best source of information. Parking lot is not included in definition a federal facility. You can look it up for yourself. 18 U.S.C. § 930 : US Code - Section 930: Possession of firearms and dangerous weapons in Federal facilities

Parking lot at the Post Office is off limits but that is for a different reason.

30.06 has nothing to do with a weapon in your vehicle because inside your vehicle you are not carrying on the authority of your CHL. You may legally drive past that sign.
    Yes sir, I like your reply. I'm soon to be med retired out of the Army. Then, I'll have no worries to secure my CCW in POV while parked at BAMC as a military retired outpatient. Until that time, while on active duty I don't trust the MP's or rent-a-cops at the gate.

BTW, thx for the intel regards USPost Office pkg lot CCW off limits. Does make good sense.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I went through it a couple of years ago. Well worth it !

I was carrying and there were no signs of any sort saying one way or the other.

If your in any way interested in history, expect to spend many hours here. And don't forget to take a tour of the "combat zone." It is worth it. My wife and I rushed through it, and it took us over three hours. We're going back to take our time. The tickets are good for 48 hours, so spreading through a couple days is a good idea.

hubby lubby

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Cedar Park
    Not a federal facility. Also, federal facilities must provide notice of 18 USC 930 or you can't be convicted.

spacer.gif

is that something like our 30.06 sign which nobody seems to ever get right?

I found this:

(h) Notice of the provisions of subsections (a) and (b) shall be
    posted conspicuously at each public entrance to each Federal
    facility, and notice of subsection (e) shall be posted
    conspicuously at each public entrance to each Federal court
    facility, and no person shall be convicted of an offense under
    subsection (a) or (e) with respect to a Federal facility if such
    notice is not so posted at such facility, unless such person had
    actual notice of subsection (a) or (e), as the case may be.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    is that something like our 30.06 sign which nobody seems to ever get right?

I found this:

(h) Notice of the provisions of subsections (a) and (b) shall be
    posted conspicuously at each public entrance to each Federal
    facility, and notice of subsection (e) shall be posted
    conspicuously at each public entrance to each Federal court
    facility, and no person shall be convicted of an offense under
    subsection (a) or (e) with respect to a Federal facility if such
    notice is not so posted at such facility, unless such person had
    actual notice of subsection (a) or (e), as the case may be.

Not as specific as 30.06 but still required. It is only a defense, of course.

texasmc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Austin
    Seconding all the comments on how great a museum it is. It's much bigger than you would anticipate. Also, there are some pretty intense photos of the suffering of the victims of WWII. More than I've seen in some other, more "famous" museums.

Also be sure to check out the Nimitz museum, it's right around the corner. All about Adm. Nimitz's life, from early age to later. What an amazing man.

Top Bottom