• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    So I was at academy looking at at hd shot guns and gun safes that are on the short list of income tax return check must buy items and I picked up a box 00 Buck while I was there. While looking for the proper buck shot I ran across this federal home defense box depicting a shot shell loaded with what appeared to be regular copper plated BB's like the copper heads I used as a child for birds and what not. Has anyone heard of this or can offer any insight as to it's possible effectiveness? Thanks in advance.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Of course BB sized shot has been used for many years for larger game such as geese, and I think it's an okay option for close range defense work. The advantage being if you are worried about over penetration which is more possible the larger the shot size is. I recall reading somewhere that #`1 buck is the best trade off, penetration in to bad guys, yet not so much through walls etc.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Are you asking about copper plating?

I thought it was so the pellets wouldn't deform so easily and have more consistant patterns, but it has been a while since i read much about HD buckshot.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Are you asking about copper plating?

I thought it was so the pellets wouldn't deform so easily and have more consistant patterns, but it has been a while since i read much about HD buckshot.
    No I get the copper plating we used to have some loads like this for yote hunting but they were actual 000 buck. I'm just asking about the load in general being suitable for home defence. I would think that regular ole .17 cal bb's would be a little on the small side for HD.

Top Bottom