Fedex Rant

Discussion in 'Rants and Raves' started by Pawdog, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Pawdog

Pawdog Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Lake Tawakoni, Texas
    My Fedex Rant: I was expecting a package to be delivered. Got a phone call from the Fedex Ground center waking me up at 7:00 a.m. yesterday morning. (I'm retired, get to sleep late![​IMG])

Anyway, the caller, identified himself as Fedex , and asked if I would be willing to meet the Fedex delivery driver somewhere to sign for and pickup my package because I, quote, "live way out there."

I said, excuse me, you're kidding right, I live two miles from the highway.
    (that's two miles down a county-owned gravel/dirt road).

I told the idiot I paid for delivery to my door (it's a new laptop PC for a Christmas gift), and I was willing to meet the driver at the door to sign for it. He stated he'd tell the driver, and asked what vehicles were in the driveway, I told him, and advised him the house numbers were on the front of the house. :mad0079:

Obviously the driver was whining about having to drive down the gravel road just to deliver one package. When he arrived, I asked if there was some problem with the delivery, and he only replied he wasn't familiar with the area.[​IMG] (The printed directions were posted on the outside of the package.)

I wonder what's next, going to a McDonald's, placing your order, and the cashier asking if you mind cooking it yourself????? :mad:

2. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I have a friend that works for FedX and he will tell you there are some lazy drivers out there. The have to pass a very difficult map / mapsco reading test to even work as a driver s well as most drivers have a GPS.
    Just lazy or wanted to speed his day up so he could get off early.

3. TrailDust

TrailDust TGT Addict

Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    They're just obsessed and worried about staying on schedule due to the holiday crush of packages...pun intended :rofl:... If the driver had said something to my face along those lines, I'd have been on the phone to Fedex and offering some choice words.

4. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    The only thing worse is someone that bums a smoke, asks for a light, then wants you to kick start his lungs.

5. Hawghauler

Hawghauler Active Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    My personal experience has been that UPS is top dog in this field.

6. res1b3uq

res1b3uq Active Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Fed Ex has a plane based here in Brownwood, goes out every week night--but ground service has to come out of Abilene, about 76 miles. They have to call me every time they deliver something to see where I live. All the ups driver needs is my name to deliver to me.

7. 1rightguy

1rightguy Active Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Doesn't hurt to ask. You said no so they delivered to your door. Seems like something pretty petty to get upset about.

8. drj3828

drj3828 Active Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Grimes County, TX
    I have the same problem with both Fed-Ex and UPS, they say they can not find my house, but yet they can find it for my wifes packages and the house past mine. I came home one time and had two thousand bullets all scattered around my gate where the driver threw the package over the gate. I use USPS when possible.

9. navyguy

navyguy TGT Addict

Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    FedEx ground is the worst. Even USPS is better. FedEx Air is pretty good, but we use Brown because we get better pricing, and we've had the same delivery driver for 9+ years who goes way out of his way to accommodate.

10. Pawdog

Pawdog Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Lake Tawakoni, Texas

Uh, yeah, right....:rolleyes:. So, how long have you been driving for Fedex??:rofl::rofl: