• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas1willy2

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    woodlands
    Don't worry this is all for our own good, every American must have "universal broadband access." OK I'll cut the crap I don't think for second this has anything to do with lowering internet cost, nor do I think it will. Putting the government in total control of the internet that seems like the more likely scenario, that and the fact that they haven't figured out how to get all the money they want from it.

WASHINGTON -- Federal regulators are considering whether the government should take greater control of the Internet and ask consumers to pay higher phone charges in order to provide all Americans with cheaper access to broadband Internet service.

The Federal Communications Commission Wednesday will lay out the case for expanding broadband Internet service, outlining current obstacles to making it widely available. The agency is considering whether to force Internet providers to share their networks with rivals and raise fees charged on consumer phone bills to pay for the broader access.

Feds Mull Rules, Fees to Spur Net Access - WSJ.com

The proposals, which have sparked criticism from telecommunications and cable companies, represent a reversal from the Bush Administration, when regulators cut back on government control of Internet and telephone service.

The new commission, controlled by Democrats, is considering whether more government control is needed to ensure competition and more affordable Internet service.

The FCC staff will float possible solutions in December and make formal recommendations in February, when it is set to release its National Broadband Plan, a blueprint for improving broadband speed and access. Congress asked the FCC for the plan earlier this year.

FCC officials estimate it could cost anywhere from $20 billion to $350 billion to connect all American households to high-speed Internet service, depending on speed offered.

They haven't yet said how much of that investment might come from taxpayers.

The agency is looking at three politically charged proposals to reach its goal of universal broadband access.

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    Don't worry, this is for your own good. Remember, it is the right of every American to have high speed internet access. If you look hard enough you will find in the Constitution in the general welfare clause.

Craig

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    It is called welfare. Easier to bribe people to vote for you than to actually govern well enough to get re-elected. Sad thing is, people are that stupid. They think the world owes them everthing. . .even broadband internet.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    WASHINGTON -- Federal regulators are considering whether the government should take greater control of the Internet and ask consumers to pay higher phone charges in order to provide all Americans with cheaper access to broadband Internet service.

Where in the Freaking Hell does the constitution claim you have a right to the internet or even a phone for that matter!!~!@!!!!
    This entitlement mentality has got to freaking STOP!!!!

texas1willy2

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    woodlands
    How many fees are on telephones now? ( I currently pay for 8 phone-lines) So they are going to raise those rates, breakup existing broadband companies, take total control of the internet (my observation not from the actual article) Then add all new usage fees and taxes to the internet because they haven't figured out how to tax it as of yet.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Sorry folks done got all wound up today.
    The government couldn't bring a pink painted turd in under budget what makes them think they can provide cheaper internet?

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    All I can say to the federal government is: Good luck with that!

Trying to control the internet is like trying to dam up Niagara Falls with a deck of cards.

Wraith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    DFW
    Holy sheep shit! Who in their cotton picking right mind thinks people need affordable internet? WTF does affordable internet have to do with anything? Really? Really? Affordable internet? How about we buy glass stomachs for everyone in the government so they can see what they are doing with their heads up their asses? How about food for ALL Americans? How about affordable housing for ALL americans? Hell, how about affordable healthcare for ALL Americans? No, no, no, internet, that'll solve all our problems, that's what the people need.

#^%&(()@)(*&!@#!@#@@#!@#!
    :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

texas1willy2

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    woodlands
    Holy sheep shit! Who in their cotton picking right mind thinks people need affordable internet? WTF does affordable internet have to do with anything? Really? Really? Affordable internet? How about we buy glass stomachs for everyone in the government so they can see what they are doing with their heads up their asses? How about food for ALL Americans? How about affordable housing for ALL americans? Hell, how about affordable healthcare for ALL Americans? No, no, no, internet, that'll solve all our problems, that's what the people need.

#^%&(()@)(*&!@#!@#@@#!@#!
    :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

This is the reaction I wish I could provoke from everyone because it's exactly how I feel! (other than I want the government to stay out of things and just let us work this stuff out ourselves)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    New Braunfels
    C'mon guys. Al Gore invented the interweb. The least they can do is let him help run it. Maybe cut down some of those cyber-carbon emissions.

also. "The new commission, controlled by Democrats, is considering whether more government control is needed to ensure competition" Whats its called when one entity controls a industry.....oh yeah......a monopoly! Yeah those are great for competition.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    All I can say to the federal government is: Good luck with that!

Trying to control the internet is like trying to dam up Niagara Falls with a deck of cards.

wouldnt be tha thard to take it offline.
    cut power to the major backbones, MCI and the like.
    all the net traffic passes through those massive fiber optic lines.
    no more internet.

hell a well programmed worm can still clog the whole shebang.
    jsut has to be very prolific. basically an updated Morris worm.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    wouldnt be tha thard to take it offline.
    cut power to the major backbones, MCI and the like.
    all the net traffic passes through those massive fiber optic lines.
    no more internet.

hell a well programmed worm can still clog the whole shebang.
    jsut has to be very prolific. basically an updated Morris worm.

The nuclear option you're describing affects the government just as much as it does the citizenry: Shut down the internet and government shuts down as well. It's monitoring/controlling your daily access that's the issue, and getting around that is as easy as pie.

Freedom1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    Saint Louis
    Just one more part of our life and our freedom that this administration is trying to take away from us.
    We are NOT Subjects of this country. We are CITIZENS!!!
    BIG difference, funny that they chose to ignore that fact.

Sorry I forget. This administration does not believe in facts, just their own brand of fiction.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom