• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    there is a clear pattern to militarize local and federal agencies. MRAPS, 7000 full auto weapons bought by DHS last year and ammo by the billions. Add to that a full on illegal assault on our 2A rights. .gov seems to be getting ready for something.

I need nothing else to explain to me what is going on.

Last edited:

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    there is a clear pattern to militarize local and federal agencies. MRAPS, 7000 full auto weapons bought by DHS last year and ammo by the billions. Add to that a full on illegal assault on our 2A rights. .gov seems to be getting ready for something.

I need nothing else to explain to me what is going on.

The Nazis had civilian spies all over their country. We do too.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    A bunch of hoopla over nothing.

For once I agree with you. The billions of rounds is an indefinite delivery contract, all they did was secure pricing for X number of rounds. NOT that they were buying that many but UP TO that many the price would be X. The MRAP crap, wtf ever, if shit really does go south I know many former servicemen that have told me how it can be disarmed pretty easily. Im sure the government has it on their radar that more and more people are getting pissed off but what are they going to do? They cant even handle a few thousand pissed off camel jockeys, what are they going to do with hundreds of thousands of pissed off red blooded americans who are better armed, better trained and better organized?

Im not afraid of what the government thinks they can do, Im just afraid of it being my childrens battle and not mine, that's all.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I'm not afraid of what the government thinks they can do, I'm just afraid of it being my children's battle and not mine, that's all.

AMEN to that Brother. AMEN to that.

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    For once I agree with you. The billions of rounds is an indefinite delivery contract, all they did was secure pricing for X number of rounds. NOT that they were buying that many but UP TO that many the price would be X. The MRAP crap, wtf ever, if shit really does go south I know many former servicemen that have told me how it can be disarmed pretty easily. Im sure the government has it on their radar that more and more people are getting pissed off but what are they going to do? They cant even handle a few thousand pissed off camel jockeys, what are they going to do with hundreds of thousands of pissed off red blooded americans who are better armed, better trained and better organized?

Im not afraid of what the government thinks they can do, Im just afraid of it being my childrens battle and not mine, that's all.

Whether or not there is a reasonable answer for the ammo buys that doesn't amount to "they are preparing for the American people," it is still disturbing that there is this vast apparatus of armed Federal LE in countless agencies. This is simply unacceptable for a supposed constitutional republic with a balance of powers. With O'Dictator at the reigns, more like a banana republic.

Those who say "a bunch of hoopla over nothing" I believe are willfully in denial and have convinced themselves that if they say there is nothing to worry about, then the problem goes away.

And to the "children's battle" statement. They'll have to kill me before I let my children deal with this shit.
    In our lifetimes my friends.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    It's easy to read too much into these news articles on gov't agencies - esp. some odd agencies - buying so much ammo.

On the other hand: Do you trust Obama and his Administration?

I doubt if even TXI is willing to give an unqualified, "Yes" to that.

TAVM

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    As Steven Seagal would say:

"I love America...but I don't like the current regime".

Phoneguy

Proud American and Infidel since 1968
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth
    Federal LEO's have to qualify quarterly with multiple firearms (.40 S&W Glock, Remington 870, 10mm MP5, etc).
    "On October 31, 2013, a total of 35,344 people worked for the FBI, including 13,598 Special Agents..."

If all those Agents used 250 rounds each quarter to qualify, that's just under 3.4 million rounds every 3 months. That's
    13,598,000 a year. Now each Division of the FBI has their own SWAT force made up of Agents. They use significantly more ammo to train throughout the year. Then also add the FBI's multiple HRTs (Hostage Rescue Teams) and other specialized teams. They train a ton as well. So lets just round up to 14,000,000 per year for the FBI.
    Now add the BATF, CIA, USPS, DHS, (undisclosed agency), etc.

Millions of rounds of ammo doesn't mean shit. It just means that they are doing their mandatory quarterly certs for firearms.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    It's easy to read too much into these news articles on gov't agencies - esp. some odd agencies - buying so much ammo.

Despite what some think, the current administration doesn't dictate the day-to-day operations of every department in the US government. I am willing to bet that if anyone bothered to check, they'd find those same agencies were acquiring similar numbers of ammunition during previous administrations as well.

And the mere title of how "the Fed buying ammo scares gun owners" leads me to believe this is alarmist propaganda. The Fed has been purchasing ammo for over 238 years now, but suddenly it's something to be worried about just because Obama is in the White House (which he has been for over five years now).

Much like those articles that claim the military and/or law enforcement agencies are preparing to disarm citizens (they aren't), this is just alarmist journalism designed to rile up those who won't bother to investigate the rest of the story. They target a specific demographic who swallow it all up without a thought.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013

Its not about trusting anyone it's that trying to use these ammo contracts as evidence of something is, well, I'm trying to think of how to say dumber than crap without being insulting. Don't trust the Govt, I don't blame you and think it's entirely your business, but don't use specious and illogical arguments as your reasons.

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    Despite what some think, the current administration doesn't dictate the day-to-day operations of every department in the US government. I am willing to bet that if anyone bothered to check, they'd find those same agencies were acquiring similar numbers of ammunition during previous administrations as well.

And the mere title of how "the Fed buying ammo scares gun owners" leads me to believe this is alarmist propaganda. The Fed has been purchasing ammo for over 238 years now, but suddenly it's something to be worried about just because Obama is in the White House (which he has been for over five years now).

Much like those articles that claim the military and/or law enforcement agencies are preparing to disarm citizens (they aren't), this is just alarmist journalism designed to rile up those who won't bother to investigate the rest of the story. They target a specific demographic who swallow it all up without a thought.

Hopefully you are right, but even ignoring all of the conspiracy stuff, you don't have to look too far to see that there is a legitimate concern. Look at what happen after Katrina. This is a documented case of citizens being disarmed. Look at the systematic disarmament going on in California, Maryland and other anti-gun states.

When you look at what happened with Katrina, you have to believe that on some level, whether conscious or not, there is a plan on the table in an emergency situation with local, state, Federal LE for disarming American citizens.

What about all the recent DHS and local drills that depict the enemy as 2nd amendment supporters and patriot groups?

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    I pay attention a lot more than the average Joe and am well aware of what is going on. Most of it is just business as usual like it has been but people are blowing it up because 0 is in the Whitehouse. Things that were once dismissed as silly conspiracy theorist BS is now being proven to be true. Im not so nieve as to think something isnt coming or that the fed doesnt have a plan in place to deal with us independent minded fellows but theyre going to have a rough go at it if thats truly their plan.

There are too many facets to the "what if" game to truly figure out what would happen. All youcan do is educate yourself as best you can. Be prepared for the worst but hope for the best and enjoy the time that you have. What if the "fight" doesn't come and youve wasted your life being paranoid? Im going to enjoy my family and friends, stock up on ammo, hone my marksmanship skills and stay vigilant. Thats all any of us can do. Just remind yourself, just as Jesse and Al make a living off of fear mongering, so too do the "conservative bloggers" who constantly drum this crap up. The truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

If you want to be worried about something, worry about how the government is controlling our food supply, thats somwthing very dangerous that is happening now and you have control over. If the gov is going to physically attack us theyre going to do it. No sense in worrying about it, just be ready. You dont need to be worried about being the best, just good enough to have people under you in the totem pole.

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    Federal LEO's have to qualify quarterly with multiple firearms (.40 S&W Glock, Remington 870, 10mm MP5, etc).
    "On October 31, 2013, a total of 35,344 people worked for the FBI, including 13,598 Special Agents..."

If all those Agents used 250 rounds each quarter to qualify, that's just under 3.4 million rounds every 3 months. That's
    13,598,000 a year. Now each Division of the FBI has their own SWAT force made up of Agents. They use significantly more ammo to train throughout the year. Then also add the FBI's multiple HRTs (Hostage Rescue Teams) and other specialized teams. They train a ton as well. So lets just round up to 14,000,000 per year for the FBI.
    Now add the BATF, CIA, USPS, DHS, (undisclosed agency), etc.

Millions of rounds of ammo doesn't mean shit. It just means that they are doing their mandatory quarterly certs for firearms.

Completely agree. To me, that's a rather low-end scenario number too. That's assuming that all agents/special agents only shoot to qualify. If they shoot regularly to keep their skills up, as they very well should be doing if their job entails carrying a firearm daily, the number could be even higher. Ammunition expendatures are a lot higher than people think for federal agencies, and very little of it is stockpiled except for later usage in the fiscal year before it's time to order more for the next one. I know that when we train, we use a lot of ammunition to do so.

Hopefully you are right, but even ignoring all of the conspiracy stuff, you don't have to look too far to see that there is a legitimate concern. Look at what happen after Katrina. This is a documented case of citizens being disarmed. Look at the systematic disarmament going on in California, Maryland and other anti-gun states.

When you look at what happened with Katrina, you have to believe that on some level, whether conscious or not, there is a plan on the table in an emergency situation with local, state, Federal LE for disarming American citizens.

What about all the recent DHS and local drills that depict the enemy as 2nd amendment supporters and patriot groups?

The aftermath of Katrina was a clusterfuck of unprepared federal micromanagement. Yes, there are a lot of disaster-response scenarios that are on the table for various responses. Generally, you won't be disarmed unless you shoot at the government officials. In fact, during the aftermath of Katrina, armed active duty soldiers were sent in to help secure the peace from the 82d Airborne Division. During their patrols, they were not even allowed to have a round chambered for the most part. A few of them got chewed out for even having their rifles slung across their chest (which is the normal way to carry one) because it was "too intimidating". A lot of people overestimate what they seem to think would be a fierce, swift response of a federal agency/military unit would actually look like in a disaster scenario. All you have to do is look at previous examples.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Something WILL happen someday. Problem is, nobody knows if it will start with our government, disease, economic crash, natural disaster, famine, nuclear blast, world war 3, large scale terrorism, etc.

No empire lasts forever, no nation has ever held shit together for more than a few hundred years. History tells us that things WILL turn south someday. Just be as ready as you can and try not to go crazy chasing white rabbits in the mean time.

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    Ok, I'm stupid and missed the point. Why are gun owners the only ones being scared by this?? We can't be the only people, with a healthy distrust of government.:facepalm:

Top Bottom