Feedback & Two New Forums

Discussion in 'Announcements & Comments' started by Texas1911, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    It's that time again, time to give us a report card on how the forum is progressing, and where we can improve your experience here.

Questions:

1.) What are some things that the forum could improve on?
    2.) What is the one thing or area that you dislike about the forum?
    3.) Do you have any ideas on how we could expand, either in sub-forums, topics, or direction?
    4.) What keeps you coming to the forum?
    5.) Do you feel the forum is ran fairly and honestly? (Be honest, I'm not going to ban you)
    6.) What is your favorite part of the forum?
    7.) Do you have any questions on why we do things the way we do?
    8.) Do you like the appearance of the forum? If not, how would you improve it.

DirtyD tossed out the suggestion for a knife / edged forum and I figured it'd be a good one to try out. You can find it here: Knives and Edged Tools - Sponsored by TX Tactical Source - Texas Gun Talk

As well as the return of a popular forum we removed once before. Now that the atmosphere has calmed a bit, I've brought it back after some talk amongst various parties. The forum will be limited to those that have 50 posts or more, as a benefit to those that contribute to the forum. I, of course, am referring to the gun classifieds forum: http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/gun-classifieds/

2. 40Arpent

40Arpent TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Nice work, Alan; thank you very much!!! :happy0001::happy0001:

I tried to access the link for the classified forum, but couldn't. Glitch?

3. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Try it now, some of the permissions were wrong.

4. 40Arpent

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Working fine now. Thanks! :texas:

5. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Wanted to at least put the answers I do have. I'll have to get back on the others later.

1.) What are some things that the forum could improve on?
    2.) What is the one thing or area that you dislike about the forum?
    3.) Do you have any ideas on how we could expand, either in sub-forums, topics, or direction?
    4.) What keeps you coming to the forum? Socializing with buddies. We get together offline for shoots, but its nice to interact online
    5.) Do you feel the forum is ran fairly and honestly? (Be honest, I'm not going to ban you) To my knowledge, yes.
    6.) What is your favorite part of the forum?
    7.) Do you have any questions on why we do things the way we do? No so much.
    8.) Do you like the appearance of the forum? If not, how would you improve it.

6. 40Arpent

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Questions:

1.) What are some things that the forum could improve on? No suggestions at this time.
    2.) What is the one thing or area that you dislike about the forum? It was the lack of gun classifieds.
    3.) Do you have any ideas on how we could expand, either in sub-forums, topics, or direction? No suggestions at this time.
    4.) What keeps you coming to the forum? Insight and expertise of members.
    5.) Do you feel the forum is ran fairly and honestly? (Be honest, I'm not going to ban you) Very much so.
    6.) What is your favorite part of the forum? #4.
    7.) Do you have any questions on why we do things the way we do? No.
    8.) Do you like the appearance of the forum? If not, how would you improve it. I like it the way it is, a lot.

7. micah7488

micah7488 Member

2nd that.

8. Reverendbiker

Reverendbiker Member

Nov 14, 2008
    Central Texas
    Just my $0.02. Overall, I find this to be one of the more civil and informative forums on the net.

9. navyguy

navyguy TGT Addict

Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Questions:

1.) What are some things that the forum could improve on? I would like to see menbers required to put their city or generl location (ie DFW) in their profile, as well as at least a real first name.
    2.) What is the one thing or area that you dislike about the forum? Don't dislike any of it.
    3.) Do you have any ideas on how we could expand, either in sub-forums, topics, or direction? No, actually I think too many sections and sub forums, can be counter productive.. people loose track of what should go where. I think there is enough sections to keep people on track.
    4.) What keeps you coming to the forum? I enjoy the camaraderie, and find everyone here very easy to get along with, even when different points of view are expressed. A lot of knowledge is available too.
    5.) Do you feel the forum is ran fairly and honestly? (Be honest, I'm not going to ban you) Yes, no problem there
    6.) What is your favorite part of the forum? I like the gun sections and the off topic the most, but will visit them all.
    7.) Do you have any questions on why we do things the way we do? No
    8.) Do you like the appearance of the forum? If not, how would you improve it. The look is fine. If it were up to me, I might change up the colors a bit, but that really isn't a big issue, and everyone has their own preferences about those sorts of things.

10. 40Arpent

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    +1!!!