• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MuddyWaterMan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Houston
    Well I finally got my pilots license in last night and me and the Ms. decided to go have a couple of celebratory drinks at the local watering hole. We decided to pick up my wife's best friend, a single mother of 2 as her boys are out of town. As we pulled up in front of her house my wife started to call her to tell her we were there, but as she did we noticed her turning the lights out as she knew we were there. So went to the bar for a few hours had a blast and several shots (if you are EVER offered a 8 horsemen SAY NO!!!!) and called it a night after about 2 hours. Take the girl back home to drop her off and as we pull up my wife and i look at each other at the same time. The lights were back on! Well our friend (who is SMASHED) says she left them on but wife says otherwise as do I as we saw her turn them off when we arrived. Wouldnt you know it all I brought with me was my NAA mini in 22 mag........So I left the ladies outside and went in.
    Now imagine this , a 6'6" 400lb man checking the house with this little pocket pistol!!! If any one WOULD have been in there they would have probably LAUGHED themselves to death! Long story short house was empty and everything was fine.Apparently she turned the lights back on after we pulled around to the side of the house I guess, BUT I will NOT forget the feeling of being under gunned like that. That will be the last time I take it for primary carry. Just thought I would share my little experience with you fine folks.
    Guns International

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Primary carry + alcohol + walking into possible armed intruders = no no.

I think the perp would be more afraid of "6'6" 400 lbs." than the gun, however. LOL.

I think you would have been better calling the cops this time around.

Congrats on your license.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Primary carry + alcohol + walking into possible armed intruders = no no.

I think the perp would be more afraid of "6'6" 400 lbs." than the gun, however. LOL.

I think you would have been better calling the cops this time around.

Congrats on your license.
    agree and also congrats

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Nahhhhh, I was sotaly tober man!!!

Wouldnt you know it all I brought with me was my NAA mini in 22 mag

My buddy kind of had the same thing happen to him, except he only had the .22LR version of the NAA. He carries a Kel-Tec 9MM, now. I'm glad everything worked out for you.

MuddyWaterMan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Houston

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    My Black Widow 22Mag has dropped deer and rottonwilders with chest shots. Use what you got even if its a screw driver and a can of wasp spray.

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    6'6" 400 # dang I thought I was intimidating at 6'4" 240#

I think LEO would have been a better idea.

I had one of those NAA POS's. I got rid of it when I pulled it out to shoot a snake and realized my trigger finger was on the end of the barrel and my middle finger was on the trigger.

It went away that weekend.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Alcohol. . . gun. . . . cars. . . . . possible bad guys

Yeah, this is a good idea.. . . . . .what could go wrong. . . .

You do know that driving alcohol limit does not apply to carrying right?

MuddyWaterMan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Houston
    Yeah, I do Texas42. Gun was in the glove box for that very reason.
    I figured I would catch some flak for not calling LE when I posted. Fact of the matter is I felt things were well under my capability to control, even if I did feel like a tard with the G.I Joe size gun!

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    I still have a brick of Noriega's gold I'll give ya ifin you let me shoot you with a 22Mag Black Widow and you live

NAA ain't fer everybody. I sure went through a few and was very discouraged before I discovered the cross slot base pin and accuracy of the Black Widder. The pins on the other ones I had would pop out with CCI +V's or V-max and jam up the whole darn thing. I have many other carry options and many times carry two guns. For me, lifes too short not to have a Black Widow "all" the time.

A person should carry what makes them comfortable.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    God that totally sounds like an investment that I shall look into...

There are other things a folding-stock AK will fit into that don't look like something worth stealing. ;)

Gotta say that the old underfolder style is slow to deploy, but the newer AK-10X series folders are really freaking fast!

You can convert a fixed-stock AK to the 10X series style stock, but it's a bit expensive and requires gunsmithing. You can get a folding stock kit from ACE for a pretty reasonable price and it will just install in place of your regular fixed stock. Should be a lot faster than the underfolder, but won't look as cool.

... but if you're in a hurry, you'll probably just roll with the stock folded.

Top Bottom