Feeling under gunned.

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by MuddyWaterMan, Aug 15, 2009.

1. MuddyWaterMan

MuddyWaterMan Active Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Houston
    Well I finally got my pilots license in last night and me and the Ms. decided to go have a couple of celebratory drinks at the local watering hole. We decided to pick up my wife's best friend, a single mother of 2 as her boys are out of town. As we pulled up in front of her house my wife started to call her to tell her we were there, but as she did we noticed her turning the lights out as she knew we were there. So went to the bar for a few hours had a blast and several shots (if you are EVER offered a 8 horsemen SAY NO!!!!) and called it a night after about 2 hours. Take the girl back home to drop her off and as we pull up my wife and i look at each other at the same time. The lights were back on! Well our friend (who is SMASHED) says she left them on but wife says otherwise as do I as we saw her turn them off when we arrived. Wouldnt you know it all I brought with me was my NAA mini in 22 mag........So I left the ladies outside and went in.
    Now imagine this , a 6'6" 400lb man checking the house with this little pocket pistol!!! If any one WOULD have been in there they would have probably LAUGHED themselves to death! Long story short house was empty and everything was fine.Apparently she turned the lights back on after we pulled around to the side of the house I guess, BUT I will NOT forget the feeling of being under gunned like that. That will be the last time I take it for primary carry. Just thought I would share my little experience with you fine folks.

2. Fisherman777

Fisherman777 Well-Known

Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    Congrats on getting your Cert. Which airport do you fly out of? I flew out of KBPT and now go to 45R.

3. MuddyWaterMan

Jun 25, 2009
    Houston
    Pilot of Towing Vessels. Sorry, should have been clearer. I am a Towboat Pilot in Training.

4. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Primary carry + alcohol + walking into possible armed intruders = no no.

I think the perp would be more afraid of "6'6" 400 lbs." than the gun, however. LOL.

I think you would have been better calling the cops this time around.

Congrats on your license.

5. TxEMTP69

TxEMTP69 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    agree and also congrats

6. MuddyWaterMan

Jun 25, 2009
    Houston
    Nahhhhh, I was sotaly tober man!!!

7. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Car gun time! Folding stock AK + tennis racket case = more firepower than you'll ever need this side of the Mexican border.

8. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
  9. dbgun

dbgun TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    :lolz::lolz:

My buddy kind of had the same thing happen to him, except he only had the .22LR version of the NAA. He carries a Kel-Tec 9MM, now. I'm glad everything worked out for you.:happy0001:

10. MuddyWaterMan

Jun 25, 2009
    Houston