• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Ok. That's amusing.
    Screenshot_20210727-205443_WTForecast.jpg

Vaquero

Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Spend 8 hours working in cold cutting room just in a long sleeve shirt, then go out in 98
    Spend 5 days and nights in an ice storm putting lines up only to watch them crash down behind you the next day.. a week later, go rebuild the whole damned line because a wildfire just burned the poles down.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Spend 5 days and nights in an ice storm putting lines up only to watch them crash down behind you the next day.. a week later, go rebuild the whole damned line because a wildfire just burned the poles down.
    My brother did it & I had heard it. I can only hope you got paid the same crazy money he earned! After working on big storm his OT paid for an in ground pool.

Many a time after a big storm and a crew was in my yard working in the dark, I always asked if they wanted I’d make fresh coffee for them.

Vaquero

Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    My brother did it & I had heard it. I can only hope you got paid the same crazy money he earned! After working on big storm his OT paid for an in ground pool.

Many a time after a big storm and a crew was in my yard working in the dark, I always asked if they wanted I’d make fresh coffee for them.
    I'm certain they accepted and appreciated the coffee.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    I remember reading the book Glen Elliott: A Ranger's Ranger in which he said:

"In East Texas we only have two seasons - Summer and February"

He was commenting on the fact that the old DPS Highway Patrol cars did not have heaters or A/C and it was brutal at both ends of the spectrum.

Having lived here for five years now, I can say that he was right, especially after the Polar Vortex this past February.

Top Bottom