• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I agree with the sentiment of it, but I edited the title. Let's have a little bit of decorum in this section, OK? ;)

Seems to me this bill would run afoul of the 1st Amendment's demand that Congress make no law abridging the freedom of speech or the press.

... OR. THE. PRESS.

Reading that law (the 1st Amendment) the way laws are meant to be read, you can skip whatever comes right before "or", meaning one way it's meant to be read is; "Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of the press." Period. End of statement when it comes to Congress passing laws regarding "the press".
    The Supreme Court has said time and again that the press is not subject to prior restraint. This bill would be prior restraint if it's passed. If this is passed, we can only hope that the Court still sees prior restraint as the evil it is, though with the way decisions have been going lately, I'm not very hopeful.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ...but at least Sen. Schumer pointed out that Feinstein's belief that "real" equals "drawing a salary" was a very ignorant take on the current reality.

The Mouth Without A Brain actually stating something factual, not to mention dissing a fellow libiturd????? Quick! Someone call 9-1-1!! I think I'm having a massive myocardial infarction.........(heart attack -- ex-wife was a nurse).

Top Bottom