• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Texas
    I'm into Mosins. Have two now, both were made at Izhevsk one is 1935 and one is 1943. The 1943 I picked up today. It looks cleaner and is much nicer than the 35. Both are full length 91/30.

Hard not to like a $150.00 rifle in great shape.

Looking to get some earlier models, I want a late Tsarist period one with the Imperial eagle stamped on it. :) One of the Winchester made ones would be pretty neat to have too. And the carbine... and ....

Honestly, I'm a hopeless collector of many things. I see myself going down a road that is going to require a second gun safe soon. lol In reality though, I prefer to shoot the 1935 Mosin more than any of my other firearms. Its not the most accurate, not the nicest looking, and not the most expensive, just kinda cool.

Grog

CJS3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Katy
    I got a C&R license a few years back and It's been my downfall. I've had a collection of Enfields, Mosin Nagants, Mausers, and Cracanos. I did have some Arisakas, but those are gone now. I've cut down on the mausers, and the MoNags, and I've only got one Carcano left. I've got a No.1 MkIII, No.4 Mk1, and a No5 Mk1 Enfield. I've also got a No.1 MkIIIA2 Indian 308 Enfield.

Ever since I was a kid, I've always been attracted to the WW2 weapons, and the C&R license allowed me to aquire them to my heart's content. Some are real collector's pieces, and some are just shooters for the range and trading. It's been fun, although my wife might disagree.

Red_Six

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Lubbock
    What got me started was talking to my dad when I was young, he is a 4th Marine Division, 14th Marine Artillery vet with Roi Namur, Saipan, Tinian, and Iwo Jima on his record. I couldn't join the military due to a medical reason, so I decided on reenacting. Did it for 15 years until 2006 then my two sons came along. Going on memory here as I have yet to bring my guns from my parents house to here:

Springfield M-1 Garand
    1945 date all matching M-44
    Mosin Nagant 91/30 sniper
    2 Mosin Nagant 91/30
    Iver Johnson M-1 carbine blank adapted with flat bolt and L-flip sight
    1939 K98k
    Arisaka 7.7--ground mum--intact anti-aircraft sight
    Lee_Enfield No.4 Mk I
    my dads 1911A1 .45

would like a couple more K98k's but no .

texaspartsman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    Seguin
    .577 Martini Henry
    .303 Martini Henry
    .41 Swiss Veterli
    6.5 Italaian Verterli
    1898 Swiss straight pull
    1905 Swiss straight pull
    K31 Swiss straight pull
    Westinghouse 91/30 Nagant
    Remington 91/30 Nagant
    Polish M44 Nagant
    Sako Nagant
    5 other Nagant varients (I like Nagants)
    2 308 Isahapor Enfields
    1 Savage Enfield
    1 303 Ishapor Enfield
    1 Longbranch Enfield
    1 Eddystone P17 Enfield 30-06
    1 Remington 03-A3
    1 03 Springfield
    1 1903 Carl Gustov Mauser
    1 1941 K98 Mauser
    1 V-24 Mauser
    1 Yugo 24/47 Mauser
    1 FR-8 .308 Spanish Mauser
    1 Arisaka Type 44 with mum
    1 Steyr M95 carbine
    1 Budapest M95 carbine
    1 Springfield M1 Garand re-barrel to .308
    1 Mas 36
    1 Mas 36-51
    1 Mas 36 .308 conversion

I am sure I forgot a few
    no getting into the semi-autos and pistols

IAHGUN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Humble
    I was one, sold almost everything but I'm keeping a CG M41/b and an Enfield N2 FEZ 1954 + a poor bubba K31 mismatched and scoped ( guy who had it was a butcher ) -

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    2 Spanish short rifles in 7 X 57
    1 FR-8
    1-Turk Mauser
    SKS- Chinese
    AK- Polish
    CETME
    Well the last two started off military but got US receivers along the way.

Randy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Austin
    just wish the prices would quit climbing....I have been debating about picking up K98 or one of the Arisaka rifles as well.....or mebbe an enfield....I would eventually have several from most of the nations that participated in WW2......seems like everytime I decide upon one something new pops up that I am interested in as well.....just wish the US rifles weren't so darn expensive. You can buy almost any other countries for about 200 or 300 less than any of the US models......oh well as long as get to continue buying I will be happy

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    US rifles aren't the only WWII weapons that are pricey. There's an importer who's bringing in pistol versions of the MP40's for the open market. They're semi-auto builds from the original parts.. pretty nifty, but pretty expensive. Also the SVT-40 (drooool....) is up there. Not to mention Ljungmans, and other WWII semi-autos from all sides.

BTW I'm the same, love WWII era weaponry.

JoeinTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    I wouldn't necessarily consider myself a mil-surp collector but I do like Enfields and also have Carcanos.

My Enny is a Century Arms carbine conversion that I scoped and it's a true shooting and good looking mutha. I will never give it up it is such a sure and honest gun and I'm always looking for a nice Gibbs .308 Enfield to add to it. I don't care for matching #s and all that.......I want a working firearm. I also have a 7.35 Carcano scout of Italian build that served with Finland during the war years that I bought cheap and am know looking to scouterize or turn.

The Moisins are coming out in scads now and I've looked at them.

dcs12345

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Temple
    Surplus Collection, for the history, and cheaper ammo.
    2 mosin M-38s
    1 Finnish M39 --highly recommended (traded my k-31 for it, wish I had kept it also)
    1 turkish mauser
    1 H&R M1 Garand form the CMP
    1 CZ52
    1 CZ82
    1 Romanian TT-33
    thinking about getting a M1 carbine

Top Bottom