• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Viper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Copperas Cove
    I was wondering how many of the folks here are into Mil-Surp and what got you turned on to them? Do you collect from a certain era or all over the place?

My mil-surp collection includes two Mosins, three Enfields, a M1 Grarand, and a K98 Mauser. I just love the fact that they have history, scratch that they are part of history. As for era mine are mostly WWII but, one of my Enfields is from WWI. I was considering expanding my collection into other eras like Korea with the purchase of another enfield or two. I have a thing for .303 Brit. my Grandmother was a English war bride and so I have a couple great uncles that were in the RAF and with 1st Para so I know they fired off quite a few .303 rounds in their time.
    DK Firearms

jim t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Hawley Texas
    I have mosin nagants from at least 2 wars. I have a 1917 M-91, a 91\30, a 44 and a 59. I also have a enfield 303 from 43. I do want a german rifle to join the mix and a 03 springfield and M 1 but that is in the future when the money is there.

sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    I have an M-44, K98, pair of Type-99's, RFI Enfield, AK, PSL, etc......

I dig the M-44 and the K98, while it kicks like a mule - is a strait shooting gun, love it!

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    I've really got an accumulation, not really a collection. After checking my inventory sheet, I've got about 40 milsurps, depending on your definition.
    3 Lee Enfields, a NO1MkI, NO4MkI, and a 2AMkIII
    Mosin Nagants, M91,3 M91/30s, including a sniper, M27, M38, M39, 4 M44s, and an M59.
    Mausers, an M91, M95, M96, 2 M96/38s, M38, G98, M1909, Vz24, 2 M24/47s, M48. A couple are cut, and I'm not counting sporters built on Mauser actions.
    Mas36, Mas 49/56.
    Schmidt Rubin M1911 and K31.
    Arisakas, a T38 (cut, unfortunately) and T99.
    Llungmann and a Hakim.
    Martini Henry MkIV
    Kropatschek and a Swiss Vetterli
    Other odds and ends.

I like milsurps, what can I say? Everything is shootable. Just finished loading for the Vetterli, only thing I haven't tooled up for is the Kropatscek, and I guess that will be next.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I have some mil-surps.

M91/30 Made at Tula in 1939 (my open-sights hunting rifle). I took a deer with this last year, 100 yard shot in the neck. I don't ever miss with this one.

K31 made in 1949. I got this because I have lots of ancestors from Switzerland, and I figured I should get one before they get hard to find. It's more accurate than I am, but I rarely shot it.

M44 Made in 1944 at Izhevsk. I gave this rifle to my brother when he graduated high school. It won't win any beauty contests, but I've polished the bolt up and it operates smooth as a Mosin can.

I love these old rifles, because it's an inexpensive way to get a real military firearm that's built to be run hard and not quit.

oxbld

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Mesquite
    Just started collecting this year, but so far I have an M1 Garand, German K98k, BSA Lee Enfield No.4 Mk.1, 1943 Soviet M44, 6 Soviet M91/30's, and a Swiss K31 on the way. That C&R license was either a great decision, or a really bad one depending on how you look at it...:)

CJGarza

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 6, 2008
    San Antonio
    I used to have a few mil-surp stuff: Enfield #4's,a coulpe of Mausers (Yugo, Turk and German). I also had some nice pistols :Walther P1 and 2 Makarovs an East German and a Minty Bulgarian, man I miss those pistols , but especially the Enfields :(.

Bexar county TX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    Not really a collector of C&R rifles I have a couple of them a Mosin Nagant M44 a Garand M1 carbine and a Chinese SKS. The Garand and M1 were given to me by my grand father.

Top Bottom