• TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Details? Never heard of sucha thing.

In the Nazi state if IL when you were given your ticket and method of paying tax they would take your DL and hand you a paper ticket. When your DL went to the "office" it would be stapled to your tax bill waiting for you to either pay or go to court or both. After they received their tax money they would mail your license back with a bunch of hammered staple holes in it. When the next officer pulled you over and they saw holes in your license you typically got more tax bills. I have no direct knowledge but was told this is how it worked .....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    In Texas police crease your DL. The cop will bend your DL in half. This crease is a sign to other cops, 'youre an Asshole'. If your DL has a crease you're getting a ticket automatically or arrested.

I've had to get two new DLs from creases. The last crease I didn't see the cop bend it. But he Damn sure did. The dick. Third DL, the cop just kept it.

Luckily I get DLs for $3.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    In Texas police crease your DL. The cop will bend your DL in half. This crease is a sign to other cops, 'youre an $#@!'. If your DL has a crease you're getting a ticket automatically or arrested.

I've had to get two new DLs from creases. The last crease I didn't see the cop bend it. But he Damn sure did. The dick. Third DL, the cop just kept it.

Luckily I get DLs for $3.

That's interesting. No truth to it, but interesting...

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I'm amazed at your knowledge of "truth" in the world. I've never heard of "creasing" a DL before either but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. To say there is "... No truth to it, ..." is calling the poster a liar. Perhaps you need to work on you issues. :green:

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I'm amazed at your knowledge of "truth" in the world. I've never heard of "creasing" a DL before either but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. To say there is "... No truth to it, ..." is calling the poster a liar. Perhaps you need to work on you issues. :green:

My "issue" Charlie is the first paragraph in grasshopperglock's post. Perhaps his DL was creased, but it is not a sign nor done regularly by Texas LE. It is not a thing.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    My "issue" Charlie is the first paragraph in grasshopperglock's post. Perhaps his DL was creased, but it is not a sign nor done regularly by Texas LE. It is not a thing.
    Thanks for responding. An opinion about his being creased or it being done regularly is a valid opinion, in my opinion :green: I don't know grasshopperglock any more than I know you so I have no opinion about his statement. I take it like I take most opinions on the internet, everybody's got one and some of them stink, we just don't know which ones.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas

Just had a conversation with two active LEOs in the Houston area. Both these guys are currently working, and have been working as sworn peace officers for 40+ combined years, two different forces.

Yes, the creasing does happen. Both said that DPS is the biggest user of that 'trick'. They also said that instead of the crease many prefer cutting a little off the top right corner of the DL to let other officers know a bit more about the license holder.

They also said that there is no written policy, and while it is publicly known among most informed officers, it is not something they talk about often. So I am guessing that this thing is passed down from officer to trainee and so on, not everyone getting let in on it due to various circumstances.

However I do understand why some folks, both currently serving and long past their active employment in that area would deny it happening, whether they know about it or not.

(FYI, I did ask if they minded that I post this response and neither gave a shit about that.)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Just had a conversation with two active LEOs in the Houston area. Both these guys are currently working, and have been working as sworn peace officers for 40+ combined years, two different forces.

Yes, the creasing does happen. Both said that DPS is the biggest user of that 'trick'. They also said that instead of the crease many prefer cutting a little off the top right corner of the DL to let other officers know a bit more about the license holder.

They also said that there is no written policy, and while it is publicly known among most informed officers, it is not something they talk about often. So I am guessing that this thing is passed down from officer to trainee and so on, not everyone getting let in on it due to various circumstances.

However I do understand why some folks, both currently serving and long past their active employment in that area would deny it happening, whether they know about it or not.

(FYI, I did ask if they minded that I post this response and neither gave a shit about that.)

Thank You. It's hard to provide credibility to things not seen by the public. Things done in secret.

I was taught this 'trick' by my first FTO. If the person had a crease in their DL. It was a sign that Someone had a previous encounter with law enforcement and the meeting wasn't pleasant.

You simply bent the DL in half. If the guy was....difficult, you bent it back and forth almost breaking it in half.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    My first driver's license was issued to me a lonnnng time ago! It was "thick" paper (not quite cardboard) and it came in the mail like a postcard. Times have changed.

Back then, you could get a driver's license from 14 yrs. old to 16 yrs. old if you took Driver's Ed. At 16 you just took the test. A lot of 14 yr. old kids couldn't even see over the steering wheel (cars were all much bigger in the early 60's)!

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Lol, I wonder how many people in tv land are reading this....pulling their DL out. Checking it for a crease?

If you have 2 creases...lol...dude get another one. It'll save you money keep you out of jail.

Top Bottom