Jan 6, 2010
    border war zone EL PASO TX

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Official: Federal agent left weapon behind in El Paso airport restroom - El Paso Times

Its funny how if it happened to a civilian they would press charges for negligence. And revoke your CCW/CHL. I love my bros with a badge but inreality too many of the new ones are clueless college kids or meet the quota token female ect....and mostly arrogant. That we should all bow before them and their "federal badge".

Where is "negligence" in the penal code? Under what section of the government code could "they" revoke your CHL?

The rest of your paragraph is based on bias and not fact.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Official: Federal agent left weapon behind in El Paso airport restroom - El Paso Times

Its funny how if it happened to a civilian they would press charges for negligence. And revoke your CCW/CHL. I love my bros with a badge but inreality too many of the new ones are clueless college kids or meet the quota token female ect....and mostly arrogant. That we should all bow before them and their "federal badge".
    Well its a good thing she was carrying any bombs! Drop a bomb in the toilet, oh wait I just made a funny.
    Things happen. I left a shotgun on my lawnmower one time. Couldnt even remember doing it. I though somebody stole the damn thing untill I went to mow the grass again. I was glad to see it, it's a good gun.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I walked out of a porta jon while in the army and had to turn around and go back to get my M4. Im just glad that i remembered as quickly as i did.

cazador1022

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    border war zone EL PASO TX
    txinvestigator:
    I respect your post because i have read many of them and you are very knowledgable concerning the law. But in this city they would find a way. This is NOT DALLAS this is mexico. We live in what we think is texas but almost everyone in our city gov is a ultra left wing anti common sense person. THEY WOOULD FIND SOMETHING TO USE TO REVOKE IT.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    txinvestigator:
    I respect your post because i have read many of them and you are very knowledgable concerning the law. But in this city they would find a way. This is NOT DALLAS this is mexico. We live in what we think is texas but almost everyone in our city gov is a ultra left wing anti common sense person. THEY WOOULD FIND SOMETHING TO USE TO REVOKE IT.
    Fire em!

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso

I guess SOME are clueless, but you could say that about any profession. I have to say that MOST of the LEO's that I have met here are not that way......and FYI, NO, my better half was not at the airport on Tuesday, so it was not her gun.

I will ask her if it was anyone she knows.

And my "token female" can out shoot both of us....... Nothing personal. Again, I have met, hang with, am friends with or live with lots of Feds. and 99.9% of them are just normal people. Most don't advertise their "fed status" anyway. You would never know they were special agents.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Pay attention to detail. This is something most people don't do, and we're all guilty of at some point or another. Not paying attention to detail is unacceptable when it comes to objects that can take someone's life.

hogrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Texas
    I would think there would be a 50/50 chance it(the gun) would be taken rather than reported too. I'm assuming it was reported or how else would would we know there was even a gun related incident.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    txinvestigator:

You alledge it, so tell me what "they would find".

Angered_Kabar

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Kansas City :(
    I would think there would be a 50/50 chance it(the gun) would be taken rather than reported too. I'm assuming it was reported or how else would would we know there was even a gun related incident.

You'd be surprised. Guns are evil remember?

This is a very serious security risk though. Because this was in a sterile area, and in a bathroom especially, anyone could have picked it up and pocketed it, walked on their flight, into another airport and to their destination without anyone else knowing.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Where is "negligence" in the penal code? Under what section of the government code could "they" revoke your CHL?

The rest of your paragraph is based on bias and not fact.

If you leave a handgun in a public area you can easily be charged with making a firearm accessible to a child, and found to be criminally negligent. It is my firm belief that this agent should be fined for her actions and charged with exactly that. There has to be punishment for simple mistakes that could get someone killed.

I don't think she should be fired ... it's a bonehead mistake, and the pocketbook will ensure she doesn't do it again. At the same time, I don't want her to be paid with my tax money on a "vacation"; ie. suspension.

There is a difference in how LEOs and the rest of us are treated in these situations. That cannot be denied.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Shit happens. Beside's, I never had a fed of any kind give me crap over anthing.
    Makes me wonder if the gun might have been left there on purpose. Might be a good way to catch some bad people or something. I once left a toolbox in my yard with a tracking device in it, just to find out who was stealing my shit!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom