• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    Texas female protection and the way it should be everywhere.

In Texas , a woman was called in front of a grand jury for possible manslaughter charges after she shot a mugger in the back six times as he was running away with her purse. He had grabbed her purse and ran. She had her hand on her gun inside the purse and when he ran with the purse she was left holding just the gun. When asked by the grand jury why she shot him six times in the back as he was running. Under oath she replied "Because when I pulled the trigger the 7th time, it only went click."

She was acquitted of all charges because that's the way it is in Texas and the way it should be everywhere.
    Target Sports

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I don't know the law, but would also have to guess you can't shoot someone in the back that is running away with your property.

But hey, everything's bigger in Texas. Even our urban/rural myths.

Actually you can. I will let TXinvestigator post the statute as I am at home and only have a very slow dialup connection.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I sure would hope so. Why the heck should someone be able to walk off with your property like it was a game of tag.

Like ever other use if force, it depends on the circumstances.

Was his grabbing the purse a theft or a robbery? What time of day was it? Did she reasonably believe that there was not other way to recover the property or reasonably believe that using less than deadly force would expose her or another to a substansial risk of death or serious bodily injury?

I just don't think the story, as presented, it true.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX

Was his grabbing the purse a theft or a robbery? What time of day was it? Did she reasonably believe that there was not other way to recover the property or reasonably believe that using less than deadly force would expose her or another to a substansial risk of death or serious bodily injury?

It dose not sound true but like you said, it depends on the circumstances.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

Well of course it is not true as presented, but you still could be justified in the use of deadly force to recover tangible property, depending on the circumstances. Now please save me the trauma of searching for that section of TPC on a 26.4 connection

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Well of course it is not true as presented, but you still could be justified in the use of deadly force to recover tangible property, depending on the circumstances. Now please save me the trauma of searching for that section of TPC on a 26.4 connection

The questions I asked are the relevant ones for the recovery of property. ;)

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Somebody's pickin' nits...

Not really.
    Tx and I both teach the Level III security officer commissioning class. One of the questions on the written test you are required to pass is" The device that holds cartridges in a semiautomatic pistol is called______"

Just force of habit. { And the device is called a MAGAZINE, get it right}

Top Bottom