DK Firearms

Female soldiers at Fort Bragg training for possible chance to tackle Ranger Course

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch

[h=1]Female soldiers at Fort Bragg training for possible chance to tackle Ranger Course[/h]
    Posted: Tuesday, November 4, 2014 12:30 pm | Updated: 7:45 pm, Tue Nov 4, 2014.

By Drew Brooks Military editor
    Women soldiers on Fort Bragg are undergoing grueling training this month in hopes of being among the first to tackle one of the Army's toughest tests.
    Army officials have yet to announce whether they will open the Ranger Course at Fort Benning, Georgia, to women for a possible one-time assessment, but approximately 30 soldiers from the 82nd Airborne Division are conducting Ranger skills preparation and assessment, officials said.

The 17-day training program will include many of the tasks that are part of the Ranger Course, including the Ranger physical fitness test, combat water survival test, a 12-mile road march and a land navigation course.

Additional training will focus on situational training, including reconnaissance, ambush, military operations in urban terrain and patrolling skills.

Lt. Col. Cathy Wilkinson, public affairs officer for the 82nd Airborne, said the division's Pre-Ranger Course cadre were leading the training and evaluations. It's the first time female soldiers in the 82nd Airborne have undergone such training, she said.

Army officials have said they may open the Ranger Course to women next spring for an assessment.

In September, the Army asked for female volunteers to possibly attend the course. Officials said a decision would be made in January on whether to conduct the assessment, which would train men and women together to help prepare the course for future integration decisions.

Officials have said standards would not be changed if the integrated training is approved.

Female soldiers at Fort Bragg training for possible chance to tackle Ranger Course - Fayetteville Observer: Military & Fort Bragg News

Sounds like: Most pre study courses, are cram courses where you get the answers to the tests...

Target Sports

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Let's see if they get past everything.
    My bet is some women will make it. The Army today is not the Army I was in. The purpose of sending them to this course is to train them on the actions and answers they need to pass the course. Then the big challenge is the physical part. Unless I miss my guess, close will be close enough....

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014

[h=1]Female soldiers at Fort Bragg training for possible chance to tackle Ranger Course[/h]
    Posted: Tuesday, November 4, 2014 12:30 pm | Updated: 7:45 pm, Tue Nov 4, 2014.

By Drew Brooks Military editor

Officials have said standards would not be changed if the integrated training is approved....

As long as this part of that article holds true, I'd be cool with it

Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia
    Here's what I learned in the Army: Maybe a handful of cherry-picked females will make it through. Then what? Assign one or two to a Ranger unit? All that trouble to allow just a couple of females in?

Once the hubaloo dies down, standards will be "adjusted" to allow more females to pass.

Like Ole Cowboy said - I've seen it with my own eyes.

ByrdMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Wasilla, AK
    Reminds me of the movie GI Jane. Could they pull a 200+ pound man to safety if need be? If yes then good on them. I bet none of them are as hot as Demi though....

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I saw in too. When I was in OBC 2 or 3 females could not pass the PT test on the female standards but they let them slide through anyway.

Barney_Fife

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2015
    Lowered standards for females in the military 20 years ago made me the misogynist I am today. All these multiple standards and contradictory policies have unintended consequences. I didn't think certain groups were inferior when I was young, but after seeing how the system has to adjust standards in order to make certain kinds of people "equal", I am no longer able to ignore the truth of things.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Lowered standards for females in the military 20 years ago made me the misogynist I am today. All these multiple standards and contradictory policies have unintended consequences. I didn't think certain groups were inferior when I was young, but after seeing how the system has to adjust standards in order to make certain kinds of people "equal", I am no longer able to ignore the truth of things.
    The military is today a quota driven entity, just like the rest of the govt. X amount of minorities by rank, by MOS and by branch need to be X minorities by race, creed, color, religion etc etc.

The result is a lowering of standards in order to meet quota's. Generally it (was) done on a floating curve system. So the standards were not always lowered but varied in order to meet quotas.

I am afraid that we are seeing the last of the Worlds greatest military ever. You cannot lower standards on the battlefield and win, you can lower standards for clerk typists, but the tip 'o spear must always be hardened and honed to a fighting edge at all times.

Our military was soft and ill trained at best the day after Pearl Harbor and we will NEVER EVER have the luxury of time to put together a fighting force as we did beginning the morning after. The next Pearl will be from a force that carries a much larger hammer and the nuclear hammer will not be wasted on some Island harbor over 2000 miles from the mainland of the US, look for it to happen on Main Street USA!

Top Bottom