• ...and so much more!
  • TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    I'm getting estimates for fence work. I have about 620' of pipe fence with a gate that needs to be refinished. 2 horizontal pipes about 55 inches high. There are rock columns every 22 feet.

The plan is:
    Refinish the pipe (wash, sand, & paint)
    Weld 4" x 4" cattle panels to the pipe & paint them
    Pressure wash the rock columns & reset a few loose cap rocks
    Re-hinge one gate
    Reconstruct that gate's support pipe
    Clear & haul off debris

Can any contractors tell me a fair price for this? Maybe a price per foot for this kind of work? Or a price for a simple barbed wire fence that I can work from.

Thanks.
    DK Firearms

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Man, makes my bitching about the wood fence I gotta replace a little at a time seem petty.

But avoiding those kinda bills is why I purposely avoided medical school.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    I think the first bid is a good price but my wife is not sure. Figured I'd ask here. I know some of you have acreage & have probably done ranch fences.

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Including adding the new cattle panel?
    I asked a couple of guys that are doing a fence down the street their ballpark price on refinishing and that's what they gave me. Figure about 40 x 16' hog panels, welded painted, gate and stone work and I'd bet quote will be in the 8-10k range. I'll ask these guys when the weather stops drizzling and they're back out.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    "T" posts and barbed wire are probably going to be the cheapest fence you can build, and even that can vary on the quality of the barbed wire and posts and how much you plan on buying.

My brother had a new entry gate and inset opening that we built a few years ago. If I can find the pictures I'll add them later, but the couple of welders he discussed it with quoted him from $5K to $8K with my brother supplying the pipe and the cattle panels and the gate! We already had all the drill stem for the entry way, so all he had to buy war the gate and the cattle panels.

plinkr

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 18, 2019
    US
    I just had a crew put in 3000 ft of 5 strand barbed wire on t-posts and occasional steel pipe. Labor & materials ran $2.80/ft. The main gate is steel pipe posts, welded wire mesh, about 100 ft of that ran another $2800.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    I’d go with the 10,000.00 range. Those 4x4 cattle panels ( galvanized ) will need to be treated to accept paint. Use a good paint.....( see expensive ) or you will be repainting often. Also galvanized is a pain to weld.

Oldbluered

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2019
    Bastrop area
    Last year I was quoted $6/ft for clearing the fence line, materials and install of goat fencing. Or buy the materials and pay $3/ft to clear fence line and install.

My uncle use to charge $60/hr for odd job welding

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I’d go with the 10,000.00 range. Those 4x4 cattle panels ( galvanized ) will need to be treated to accept paint. Use a good paint.....( see expensive ) or you will be repainting often. Also galvanized is a pain to weld.

Biggest problem with welding galvanized metal are the fumes in an enclosed area with no proper ventilation as the fums can make you sick or even kill you.

And the great thing about galvanized steel is the zinc coating is for reducing corrosion. Painting is more for cosmetic purposes than actually needing for corrosion protection.

plinkr

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 18, 2019
    US
    Also does the fence line need to be mulched down? We just did our property earlier this year & it was $1250 a day or $5K for the week.
    Cleared yes. Mulched not necessarily.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio

I didn't know about the paint on galvanized metal. I'll have to read up on it. I don't think any such treatment was proposed. Thanks!

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Also does the fence line need to be mulched down? We just did our property earlier this year & it was $1250 a day or $5K for the week.

It's pretty much clear. There are a few areas of grass overgrowth and one small mountain laurel to cut. Other fences are much worse than this one.

Top Bottom