• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    In order to qualify for an FFL you have to have posted "business hours" say you would be willing to help customers from 9am-3pm, Monday Through Friday you would have to post it in a window or similar location so that its easily visible.

No, there is no requirement to have walk-in customers or to even post business hours. Nothing at all has to be visible.

You need to dedicate a room for your business.

No, you only need a premises address.

You need to do business with the general public.

No you don't. Glock for example, does not do business with the general public, only with dealers, Military and LE.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    No you don't. Glock for example, does not do business with the general public, only with dealers, Military and LE.

I think the difference is they are an manufacturer. That would also hold true for a gunsmith, or refinisher. But if you are just going to be a reseller, there are different requirments. Unless they lied to me when I talked with ATF people, which of course is not out of the question.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

I think the difference is they are an manufacturer. That would also hold true for a gunsmith, or refinisher. But if you are just going to be a reseller, there are different requirments. Unless they lied to me when I talked with ATF people, which of course is not out of the question.

Most wholesalers have a dealer's license not a MFG, and they do not do business with the general public.

The reality is most home-based FFLs do business with the public, so it does not really matter anyway.

I strongly urge anyone interested to get an application, and get their info from there.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Hell I'm sure if you went to BATFE web site you would get all the info you need .

The application is not available on the web site. You have to request it and then they mail it to you. Only then do you actually get to see what is required.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    No, there is no requirement to have walk-in customers or to even post business hours. Nothing at all has to be visible.

No, you only need a premises address.

Ok, sorry, I misread the section, it states "Dealer may operate out of a home, garage, an outbuilding, storefront, or in some cases gun shows (but not exclusively). You must be open to the public during the hours indicated on your application (ATF Form 7).

Also a correction to the pricing. Manufacturer of Firearms is $150 for 3 years, while the actual Dealer license is $200 for 3 years, still if your doing a ton of business you'll make that money back pretty quick.

Sorry about the confusion, that's what happens when I don't get enough sleep and try to read, doesn't so much work very well LOL.

Bill

Gpz1100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Warren, TX

Find wholesalers is the last problem you will have.

i contacted several wholesalers, filled out applications and sent copies of my ffl. only 1 responded. it's been about a month so i'm gonna try again. heck, even getting on gunbrokers ffl list hasn't happened after several tries. don't know why it's happening but it's getting aggravating

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    i contacted several wholesalers, filled out applications and sent copies of my ffl. only 1 responded. it's been about a month so i'm gonna try again. heck, even getting on gunbrokers ffl list hasn't happened after several tries. don't know why it's happening but it's getting aggravating

'They' got word of your sig line pic and are playing hardball

Top Bottom