• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • topduarte

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2017
    My LGS FFL now does now accept guns unless you are a 01 FFL.

Any suggestions that are under $30 per gun?

Thanks! Manny
    DK Firearms

jimirwin2023

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Dallas
    An FFL licensee can receive guns from anyone. According to ATFE rules anyway.
    If your LGS(?) won't, then I wonder why?
    Many FFL holders don't want to take the time to do the paperwork and NICS check.
    So this is one way to discourage buyers.
    Another is to charge more than others do to do so.
    I'm a gunsmith, so have the same FFL as a dealer.
    When I'm doing your transfer, I'm not working on guns.
    My rate is $60 per hour. Darn cheap compared to many services.
    Some folks charge $25 to do transfers. Power to them.
    I'm not looking to do a lot of transfers, nor to avoid them, nor to lose money doing them.
    There is paperwork and time involved that the buyer doesn't know about that takes time and must be done in addition to processing the transfer form 4473.

topduarte

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2017
    thanks for the info but you would think with a CHL that I have they (my LGS) would encourage it accepting firearms from individuals.

What would you charge me?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    A gunsmith who is earning $60+/hr should not be doing FFL transfers unless he doesn't have any other work to do. An employee who makes $10/hr can easily be trained to do them. Anyone who justifies transfer charges on potential gunsmithing profits loss--even if they are a one-man/woman operations--shouldn't be doing transfers.

Some FFLs don't accept transfers from individuals or even 03 FFL (C&R) as they are simply trying to cover their asses in case something isn't done correctly on the sending end (or even their end!). There is no reason an 01 FFL shouldn't do so, but it is their choice.

A 4473 and background check shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes. $25 per = $100-150/hr. Sorry, but simple administrative paperwork and a phone call isn't worth that much money. Luckily I have a couple of FFLs I know who are reasonable when it comes to conducting transfers!

topduarte

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2017
    I saw that but there was nothing recent in that thread that had anything in the Austin area. that is why I created this one.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Just use the FFL finder on gunbroker. Most FFL's will have their prices posted and a phone number to call to ask questions. Just input your zip code.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

topduarte

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2017
    Just use the FFL finder on gunbroker. Most FFL's will have their prices posted and a phone number to call to ask questions. Just input your zip code.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I found Schwetmanns Gun repair in Round Rock. Having 2 guns sent there for $20 for each gun. Thanks to all.

Top Bottom