• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    While at lunch today with an individual I work with, he commented that he had looked into getting an FFL.
    One of the reasons he decided not to, was because in order to have an FFL, one MUST have sales.
    I commented that I had never heard this, & he stated that is what he read on a Govt. website.
    I told him I would ask...

So, is this true?

- Cam
    DK Firearms

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    While at lunch today with an individual I work with, he commented that he had looked into getting an FFL.
    One of the reasons he decided not to, was because in order to have an FFL, one MUST have sales.
    I commented that I had never heard this, & he stated that is what he read on a Govt. website.
    I told him I would ask...

So, is this true?

- Cam

The govt does not want to issue an FFL to someone who just wants to facilitate a hobby. But there is no requirement for you to sell firearms.

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    I've heard of them fine-tooth-combing individuals with FFL's who don't have "adequate sales" to look for a reason to revoke their FFL before, but I'm not too sure whether or not it's actually a set-in-writing requirement that you HAVE to have continuous sales.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    When I had my FFL, The examiner came to look at my books before renewal. He highly suggested that they wanted FFL's to sell more, I was just doing it for friends and Famliy. Plus he kinda said they like FFL to have Store fronts as well. This was around 92-95.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    They are picky about zoning. Otherwise, it depends greatly on the inspector who handles your application.

I've worked five applications in three cities and never had the same questions come up...except zoning.

Alex

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    I had a home FFL several years back, and here are the key points. You do not have to have a store front, you have to have a "legal place to do business" and conform to all local, state and federal business requirements. I lived on county land, it was OK with them, so, OK with ATF. My main business was doing transfers, and since each transfer was logged in my "bound book", I reported them on renewal, again, OK. Did some custom orders also. These days they will probably require you to have "secure storage". You will also have to have regular business hours and they do reserve the right to drop by during those hours. Since I worked a day job, my hours were evenings during the week, weekend by appointment. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom