• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kosh75287

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Nemo
    You may find, eventually, that having an FFL will simplify your life, when obtaining/sending things in support of your cast projectile business.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    If you plan on selling cast bullets as a business then you will need an 07 FFL.

If you get serious about making bullets I have a Magma Mk 8 auto caster and the lubemaster sizer for sale.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I think you mean a 06 license and its 30 bucks for 3 years.

If you plan on selling cast bullets as a business then you will need an 07 FFL.

If you get serious about making bullets I have a Magma Mk 8 auto caster and the lubemaster sizer for sale.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    I think you mean a 06 license and its 30 bucks for 3 years.
    Yeah you're right. It's 06. I was half sleep when I typed that. The deal killer for many is ITAR registration which I believe is around 2250. When the IOI (industry operations investigator) comes to check out your location and go over the rules they might say that you need to have proof of payment before they sign off on your inspection. One guy I know said his IOI never even mentioned it.

Commercial insurance varies so let's just throw 1-2k per year on top of that as well. But it's a not a requirement for issuance of the 06.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    USPS can get pissy about anything ammo related.

Send it UPS, FedEx, etc.
    Save yourself a problem.
    Incorrect.

USPS flat rate shipping boxes would be the most inexpensive way to get his bullets to customers. Every cast bullet manufacturer that I know of uses USPS FLAT rate boxes to ship their bullets.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Is a cast bullet considered "ammunition"? A quick google search showed a FFL requirement to manufacture ammunition but didn't see "bullets" or "projectiles" listed.

Also, quick search led me to the conclusion that merely selling (not manufacturing) ammunition has no FFL requirement.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Is a cast bullet considered "ammunition"? A quick google search showed a FFL requirement to manufacture ammunition but didn't see "bullets" or "projectiles" listed.

Also, quick search led me to the conclusion that merely selling (not manufacturing) ammunition has no FFL requirement.
    I thought OP was talking about manufacturing and starting a business. If he's trying to sell some cast bullets then no FFL is needed.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I thought OP was talking about manufacturing and starting a business. If he's trying to sell some cast bullets then no FFL is needed.

I was under the impression he intends to manufacture sat bullets in order to sell for profit also. The main point of my question was whether manufacturing of bullets falls under the category of ammunition. I didn't see bullets listed as requiring an FFL, only the manufacture and sale of ammunition.

Steve_In_29

Semper Fi
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2015
    St John's, AZ
    Bullets in and of themselves are NOT ammunition. Ammunition is a clearly defined term under the statutes.

Don't do the antis work for them by conflating the two just because some people refer to ammunition as bullets.

Steve_In_29

Semper Fi
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2015
    St John's, AZ
    Supposedly Pro-2A people who can't tell the difference between ammunition and "bullets" and start asking questions if the latter needs to be treated the same as the former are indeed helping the antis.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Supposedly Pro-2A people who can't tell the difference between ammunition and "bullets" and start asking questions if the latter needs to be treated the same as the former are indeed helping the antis.

That's not the case at all.

Seems you are tilting at windmills.

Steve_In_29

Semper Fi
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2015
    St John's, AZ
    That's not the case at all.

Seems you are tilting at windmills.
    Seems you can't remember what you wrote...
    I was under the impression he intends to manufacture sat bullets in order to sell for profit also. The main point of my question was whether manufacturing of bullets falls under the category of ammunition. I didn't see bullets listed as requiring an FFL, only the manufacture and sale of ammunition.

You clearly are worried that bullets are the same thing as ammunition (something that the law clearly defines) for control purposes.

When the Antis can point to posts like yours and they can use it to say see even gun guys think like us, that is definitely helping them.

Top Bottom