APOD Firearms

FFL Transfer Fees? West side of houston.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diverge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Calling around and requesting FFL transfer fees in Houston I see prices have raised. I understand supply and demand causes firearm and ammunition to go up. Transfer fees going up because of Obama surprised me.

accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    I'd bet you called us on the phone, that's not the best way for us to do transfers, honestly. We like to know our customers, and do business face to face. Once we know you as a responsible shooter, than a multiple transfer will not be as costly. And all the paperwork is a pain in the ass when three people are running and coordinating a popular range and gun shop. And answering never-ending phone calls such as "What do you mean, I can't rent your gun overnight?" or Saturday, 3:30p.m., noisy background, gun shots, etc. " Ugh, I'm on your website,are you guy's open today?". Hours clearly printed on the site. Or the latest to take the cake, "Shiloh Shooting Range, how can I help you?" A low-pitched and grammatically-challenged individual mumbled "Is this a shooting range?" Once again, a little louder, "SHILOH INDOOR SHOOTING RANGE, how can I help you?". "You ain't gotta pay to shoot, right? Shoot my AK fo free?" And we answer these calls all day while trying to serve our customers. So sorry if you caught us at the wrong time. Or if you talked to Pops. He doesn't discount to often. Get to know your local gunshops. We're all in this together.

I know this is late but there was no disrespect intended. I have had a chance to go to your range a few times and i like it a lot. the only reason i go to Top Gun is because its less than 2 min from my apt. i have 2 pistols i need an FFl on so im restarting this thread again. im still looking for that $20.00 per item FFL fee place. if you really want to laugh call Collectors.. the guy told me $80.00 per rifle.

DanTanna

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Houston
    M&D Enterprises charges $20. Mark owns the place.

The pawn shop on Longpoint charges $25 still. Top Gun and every other FFL place pretty much charges $40-$85.

pawnwomen

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    katy
    They dont even have a ffl so how smart are you, plus katy pawn is a whole in the wall that will never make it it si what gives pawnshops bad names, mason road is at the top of top rated pawnshops in houston so you must be blind or mistaken or just stupid

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    I know this is late but there was no disrespect intended. I have had a chance to go to your range a few times and i like it a lot. the only reason i go to Top Gun is because its less than 2 min from my apt. i have 2 pistols i need an FFl on so im restarting this thread again. im still looking for that $20.00 per item FFL fee place. if you really want to laugh call Collectors.. the guy told me $80.00 per rifle.
    If you find one less than $25 your lucky. Seems to be the best rate.

Bily Lovec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    M&D Enterprises charges $20. Mark owns the place.

The pawn shop on Longpoint charges $25 still. Top Gun and every other FFL place pretty much charges $40-$85.

of course Mark owns the place, its his dining room :D
    the pawn on Longpoint must have lowered his price, he sat in a CHL class and stated $35 or $40 per. about half the class bursted out in laughter :D

Bily Lovec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    They dont even have a ffl so how smart are you, plus katy pawn is a whole in the wall that will never make it it si what gives pawnshops bad names, mason road is at the top of top rated pawnshops in houston so you must be blind or mistaken or just stupid

your grammer and spelling is a little poor for you to be calling someone stupid ;-)

medalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    New Mexico
    Try International Repo Depot, 26467 Clark Rd., Waller. He's far, far NW but he charges $20. I don't know where you are located. He runs a business importing mil vehicles and rebuilding them. He's a SOT and Mfg as well. 936-372-5683

timdaus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2011
    Houston
    I'd bet you called us on the phone, that's not the best way for us to do transfers, honestly. We like to know our customers, and do business face to face. Once we know you as a responsible shooter, than a multiple transfer will not be as costly. And all the paperwork is a pain in the ass when three people are running and coordinating a popular range and gun shop. And answering never-ending phone calls such as "What do you mean, I can't rent your gun overnight?" or Saturday, 3:30p.m., noisy background, gun shots, etc. " Ugh, I'm on your website,are you guy's open today?". Hours clearly printed on the site. Or the latest to take the cake, "Shiloh Shooting Range, how can I help you?" A low-pitched and grammatically-challenged individual mumbled "Is this a shooting range?" Once again, a little louder, "SHILOH INDOOR SHOOTING RANGE, how can I help you?". "You ain't gotta pay to shoot, right? Shoot my AK fo free?" And we answer these calls all day while trying to serve our customers. So sorry if you caught us at the wrong time. Or if you talked to Pops. He doesn't discount to often. Get to know your local gunshops. We're all in this together.

Christ...

Did you read your post before posting it? I have been to Shiloh and like the place from what experience I've had there... BUT... This type of attitude comes from the exact type of person that I think the whole world is tired of dealing with on the other side of the counter! Consider for a while what the term "customer service representative" implies - let's not even get into "sales". This smart-ass attitude has for years pervaded certain types of businesses in-particular; auto-parts counters, motorcycle dealerships, firearms dealerships, etc. If you don't like dealing with the stupid questions and taking them with a "grain" and a "smile" - then find another field. It's specifically this type of attitude that prevents many women and "novices" to any sport from becoming comfortable and familiar. Perhaps if more "novices", "newbies", and even "people with stupid questions", were able to embrace shooting sports and self-defense, we would have more people on the bandwagon to support us and protect against interferences with our second-amendment liberties. The other HUGE problem is that this attitude is VIRAL - and if it hasn't already taken hold at Shiloh, it very well may -- it is pervasive other places for sure (though not all ). I hope that instead shooting-related businesses can become much more "friendly" in the future so that "novices" can gain an understanding and embrace their second-amendment rights (remember these are afforded to idiots - not criminals - and the idiots can be properly trained IF they can find a COMFORTABLE learning environment) and at that point, the minority that will challenge our rights will be a true minority forever. Do your part - be friendly - save the "smart" remarks for after work or with your buddies... posting those type things on a public forum is VERY UNPROFESSIONAL - and I'm surprised and disappointed that I'm the first one to read this post and find it unacceptable.

Top Bottom