Military Camp

FFL Transfer Fees? West side of houston.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Just like the title says. Im looking for a place on the west side of town (houston) to do a transfer for me. (2 complete AR lowers). The few places that i know of want 35.00 for each transfer. That seems like a rip to me seeing as how places in cali would only charge like 20.00 for the first one and 10.00 for each one after.
    Any leads?
    Texas SOT

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Cali is Cali. and the transfer process is different. Screwed up, but different.

A dealer has to go through the same steps with each transfer so having more than 1 doesn't really save anything for them. But $35 seems high, unless that's what everyone is getting in the area. $20 seems to be easy to get in the DFW area.

Have you checked with others? There has to be a ton, even if you expand your search area. When you say west side of Houston, are you talking west side near the loop, outside the loop, Memorial, Town and Country, past there out near Katy? West can mean a 25 mile range just along the I10 corridor.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2008
    Fountain Firearms charges 45 bucks.

The pawn shops seem to still be doing it cheap. I have used Longpoint Pawn, they charge 20 bucks. Or at least they did a couple of months ago.

9881 Long Point Rd
    Houston, TX 77055
    Phone: (713) 465-7702

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Fountain Firearms charges 45 bucks.

The pawn shops seem to still be doing it cheap. I have used Longpoint Pawn, they charge 20 bucks. Or at least they did a couple of months ago.

9881 Long Point Rd
    Houston, TX 77055
    Phone: (713) 465-7702

Is that down near Competition Sales? Assuming Comp is still there?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2008
    Is that down near Competition Sales? Assuming Comp is still there?

Don't know...

As you know Long Point runs parallel to I-10. (just a few blocks north of I-10) The pawn shop is between Gessner and Blalok on the the south side of the road.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Don't know...

As you know Long Point runs parallel to I-10. (just a few blocks north of I-10) The pawn shop is between Gessner and Blalok on the the south side of the road.

Gotcha. That's the other end.

If you don't know Competition Sales, you haven't been around there long. When I was in High School I used to buy all my hot rod stuff there, but I mostly looked around drooling. The cruised Long Point on the weekend's and hang out at "The Tree" I'm not sure it's even still there, but Westhiemer took over for cruising.....before they squeezed the lanes down to add another.

Ya, that's been a lot of years ago....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2008
    I have been here a while... moved here in '71. I graduated from a Highschool in The Woodlands in '79. I had various Mustangs and Firebirds back then and we would run Rankin road. I have been to Competition Sales a couple of times but I remembered it being around Little York. It's been a few years ago y'know. So I said I didn't know.

Sam Spade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    Houston
    I would NOT recommend Loan Star Pawn on Westheimer. Transfers are $25, but they make the process such a hassle, you are much better off going elsewhere.

shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    I'd bet you called us on the phone, that's not the best way for us to do transfers, honestly. We like to know our customers, and do business face to face. Once we know you as a responsible shooter, than a multiple transfer will not be as costly. And all the paperwork is a pain in the ass when three people are running and coordinating a popular range and gun shop. And answering never-ending phone calls such as "What do you mean, I can't rent your gun overnight?" or Saturday, 3:30p.m., noisy background, gun shots, etc. " Ugh, I'm on your website,are you guy's open today?". Hours clearly printed on the site. Or the latest to take the cake, "Shiloh Shooting Range, how can I help you?" A low-pitched and grammatically-challenged individual mumbled "Is this a shooting range?" Once again, a little louder, "SHILOH INDOOR SHOOTING RANGE, how can I help you?". "You ain't gotta pay to shoot, right? Shoot my AK fo free?" And we answer these calls all day while trying to serve our customers. So sorry if you caught us at the wrong time. Or if you talked to Pops. He doesn't discount to often. Get to know your local gunshops. We're all in this together.

sv6er

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    I recently checked out a couple of pawn shops in/around Katy.

I went first to "Mason Road Jewelry and Loan" on, believe it or not, Mason road. Their front door IS a 30.06 sign (vinyl print right on the glass door) and they have a big 30.06 sign behind the counter. I won't go into how stupid it is to keep CHL holders out, and how the 30.06 sign isn't a magical shield that keeps bad guys away. I turned around and left. I won't be doing any business there.

Next I went to Katy Pawn on Highway Blvd. I walked in, no 30.06 sign. It's a pretty nice store for a pawn shop. A lot cleaner and presentable than most pawn shops I go to. I walked back to the guns, and there were business cards for CHL classes. What a change from the last shop! The guy back there was nice. He was really busy, but still very polite. They had a brand new Glock and a brand new USP, and a few other pistols, and a lot of rifles. They didn't have anything I was looking for, but I asked bout transfers. I believe he told me it was $25 ($20 for receivers only) and $20 each gun if you do more than one.

That's where I'll be doing MY transfers.

Top Bottom