• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RaggedHole

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2017
    I was looking for a good FFL in the Dallas area who will charge $10-$25 per form INSTEAD of per serialized item. I would love to pick up 5-10 new AR lowers while they are dirt cheap but don't want to tack on a ton to the cost. Thanks!

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Any particular brand lowers?

Find a dealer that sells them and just buy them. Plenty of places around. I am sure Runnerrunner, GZP, or similar would be happy to help you out.

I don't think you will have much luck finding a dealer that will transfer for $1 each.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Speaking with my dealer hat on...no, I would not do a transfer like that. Each item has to be logged in separately, then each has to be logged out separately, and I am not doing paperwork like that for a 50 cents an entry. My book keeper may be of African heritage, but she isn't a slave ;)

RaggedHole

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2017
    Any particular brand lowers?

Find a dealer that sells them and just buy them. Plenty of places around. I am sure Runnerrunner, GZP, or similar would be happy to help you out.

I don't think you will have much luck finding a dealer that will transfer for $1 each.

Speaking with my dealer hat on...no, I would not do a transfer like that. Each item has to be logged in separately, then each has to be logged out separately, and I am not doing paperwork like that for a 50 cents an entry. My book keeper may be of African heritage, but she isn't a slave ;)

I have had real good luck with Anderson lowers and can get em for $30 shipped.

I have never had any real trouble finding a dealer who will transfer them like this in California, Idaho, or Washington. The way those dealers saw it was either they can sit on their hands and twiddle their thumbs in between walk ins or make $20 for 15 minutes of work. Checking in a firearm is ridiculously easy as is the nics check. I understand dealers who would rather just avoid the "hassle" but there are a lot of guys who find it a decent stream of additional revenue and the repeat business is pretty good. BTW the ones I have found usually will do up to 5 items per form [old 4473] don't know if the new ones are any different.

I will check in and report back when I find one, a bunch of guys on akfiles were talking about this and I am gonna search over there too. Thanks.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Always interesting to learn how easy things are for gun shop owners.......

RaggedHole

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2017
    Always interesting to learn how easy things are for gun shop owners.......

Always fun for me to learn, too...

I guess it depends on your shop's setup and preferences, but that was the attitude of a lot of FFLs I have used, transfers were always big business. I always had my enhanced CCW in Idaho so no background check required and that made it super easy. My FFL just had to take possession, check it in, and have me fill out my 4473. I was usually there within an hour of the FedEx guy so they didn't have to hold it long ;)

I know running a gun shop is real hard especially these days but as a consumer I am always looking for the best deal. Not trying to bust your guys chops...

Last edited:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I was looking for a good FFL in the Dallas area who will charge $10-$25 per form INSTEAD of per serialized item. I would love to pick up 5-10 new AR lowers while they are dirt cheap but don't want to tack on a ton to the cost. Thanks!

I would do it. I also have a bunch of Bushmaster lowers in stock.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom