• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J W Nugent

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2019
    24902 Haverford Rd 77389
    My fiancée has recently expressed an interest in learning how to shoot a pistol! I briefly mentioned it to her earlier but I did not push the subject beyond that so it is great to hear that she is interested as I wanted her to be proficient in the use of a pistol so she can defend herself if needed. We are first going to be doing some dry fire training/practice as I have one of those laser targeting systems that I can use on any of my pistols at home. She seems to not be intimidated by firearms so I think she will be fine starting with a 9mm pistol so I will likely have her try one of my S&W 5906 pistols first since it has some weight to it to absorb a good amount of recoil. After that I will probably have her try several others such as the CZ-75, Beretta 92FS, and SIG P226. Perhaps even have her try my CZ-83 and Beretta Model 84 in .380 ACP. I don't know yet if she is going to want to get a CWL but if she changes her mind I will work with her to find a good compact pistol for her to carry.
    Go with the 380. Easier to maintain target and the minis are good carry weapons.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Back on topic: I think we are REALLY over analyzing taking the fiancee shooting:

-Go over the safety/handling rules at the house
    -Show her basic manipulation of a .22 pistol and rifle at the house, including a little dry firing
    -take those and her, and go shooting...

You don't dry fire a 22. Damages the chamber. Unless the mfg states it can be done.

Top Bottom