• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Shot two deer in AR today. Solid hits. Not a drop of blood, strand of hair, or deer carcasses to show for it. Shots were at about 70 and 60 yards.

Gotta say, I am really disappointed that these rounds did not live up to their marketing.

Also the first time in many, many years I have not one but two deer that I will remember until the day I die. Damn it.

I have 6 or 7 boxes of this left I will be throwing them up for a 1-1 trade for traditional ( or leverevolution )30-30 ammo with full disclosure that if you shoot anything bigger than a coyote you will probably not 1) have an exit wound 2) a blood trail and 3) a recovered animal.

But it is quiet and accurate through a suppressor. Might be a great “don’t wake the neighbors up “ raccoon round through a can.
    ARJ Defense ad

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    30-30 is already an anemic round to begin with. I definitely dropped my fair share of animals with it but definitely seen a few signs of weakness.
    I shot a spike as it was running across a field about 40 yards in front of me. Hit front lower chest. Using federal flat nose soft points (I forget the grain). The deer didn’t seem fazed until he tumbled over dead 20 yards from where he got hit. Entry and exit were same size to the naked eye.
    It’s a good round if you hit vitals. Doesn’t have that shock like a .30-06
    That ammo you got is probably good for headshots on pigs, if you have a suppressor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    30-30 is already an anemic round to begin with. I definitely dropped my fair share of animals with it but definitely seen a few signs of weakness.
    I shot a spike as it was running across a field about 40 yards in front of me. Hit front lower chest. Using federal flat nose soft points (I forget the grain). The deer didn’t seem fazed until he tumbled over dead 20 yards from where he got hit. Entry and exit were same size to the naked eye.
    It’s a good round if you hit vitals. Doesn’t have that shock like a .30-06
    That ammo you got is probably good for headshots on pigs, if you have a suppressor

American Hunter (NRA magazine) gave this stuff a 5 star review last year on a pronghorn antelope hunt using a similar setup to mine.
    The Leverevolution rounds for 30-30 are absolutely devastating and still shoot flat out to 200 yards, and I will still use them in my unsuppressed 30-30.
    I was 100% in the “trust Hornady’s product “ camp until this.
    I should know better than to trust anything published by the NRA, but alas, even AH is ultimately just a shill for their advertisers.

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    Remington core-lokt has never let me down. I believe the only animal I used one of those hornady rounds on, was a headshot on a boar

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Remington core-lokt has never let me down. I believe the only animal I used one of those hornady rounds on, was a headshot on a boar

The Sub-X or Leverevolution ?
    The former just came out at the end of 2019 in 30-30. The latter has been around about 12 years and leave monstrous exit wounds, even at 200+ yards

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I forgot to update this. Other guys in my hunt club called me a few days after.this failure to let me know vultures and coyotes found both deer. Several hundred yards from where I shot them:(. At least they fed something

Top Bottom