• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    All training must begin with fundamentals. This fundamental rifle class is designed to prep you for the more advanced courses such as Close Range Rifle Gunfighting and Advanced Rifle Gunfighting. Through a carefully designed and detailed no nonsense curriculum we are able to bring you up to a level of skill in a short two day class that previously would take over 4 or 5 days to achieve at other schools.

This class will be taught taught by Suarez International Staff Instructor Jon Payne. You will learn a complete presentation of the combative technique of the rifle which will put you in good standing for any defensive situations you may encounter in the real world.

No experience or prior training is needed to attend this class and it is specially suitable for beginners.

Enroll Here

Gun Zone Deals

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    How To Get Ready For Fighting Rifle Skills

If you are attending this class make sure your gear is squared away as much as possible. I know this is a beginner class, but there are things you can do to make your training easier and more enjoyable. Make sure your rifle is good to go. That means it goes bang when you press the trigger and isn't held together by duct tape. Bring good magazines and at least several spares. Have them loaded up before class as this preparation saves a lot of time. Keep at least one mag (two is better) unloaded for dry drills. If you're running an AR you can take an old mag and remove the follower to make a dry practice mag. Your dry practice mags need to be marked with green or blue tape. Bring a two point sling and make sure it's fairly big. I don't want anyone to get strangled transitioning from their rifle to their handgun.

Chest Rigs are fine, but no concealment holsters will be used with chest rigs. LBE's are good to go. Make sure you have the correct holster for your pistol on the pistol belt. Sneaky Bags are great kit and available at One Source Tactical (OST). If you are using a Sneaky Bag, your concealment holster will be fine. Dump pouches are always a good idea because they make it easy to keep track of your mags.

Make sure you bring plenty of water. Dehydration is always a concern and is easily avoidable. I pack my own lunches so we can have as much teaching time as possible. Bring extra clothing including cold-weather gear. I suggest a shooting mat and or elbow and knee pads. This class will teach you how to fight with your rifle and is more physical than classes taught by other schools.

Don't let the "BASIC" title fool you. Number 1; our basic is intermediate and advanced at some schools, and number 2, you can never work your fundamentals too much. I'm not here to teach you hype, I'm here to teach you live saving skills.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Bumping this back up, one month left until this class starts. If you're in the Houston area this is a great opportunity for an excellent course. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

All training must begin with fundamentals. This fundamental rifle class is designed to prep you for the more advanced courses such as Close Range Rifle Gunfighting and Advanced Rifle Gunfighting. Through a carefully designed and detailed no nonsense curriculum we are able to bring you up to a level of skill in a short two day class that previously would take over 4 or 5 days to achieve at other schools.

This class will be taught taught by Suarez International Staff Instructor Jon Payne. You will learn a complete presentation of the combative technique of the rifle which will put you in good standing for any defensive situations you may encounter in the real world.

No experience or prior training is needed to attend this class and it is specially suitable for beginners.

Enroll Here

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Less than three weeks until this class begins. As an added bonus I will be offering discounts for pre-registration on my other two day courses. The discount is $100.00 off the tuition for two day SI classes taught by me. In order to get this discount you have to meet with me in person and complete the pre-registration/payment form. This is my way of saying thank you for supporting SI and myself in bringing professional training to Houston and Southeast Texas.

Enroll Here

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Just a reminder, 16 days left until this course begins. Any rifle is welcome in this course. I will be offering discounts on my other two day classes that are scheduled through out 2011 with our preregistration form. Preregistering saves you $100.00 off the retail price of the course tuition.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Update: I just checked enrollments and I must say I'm amazed at the response for this course. I only have a few slots left. I want to thank everyone that has signed up, and remind anyone that is interested they might want to sign up now, or they'll have to wait until I put on another class.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Luna2020
    Top Bottom