• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rednekked

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Rockport
    Marlin Lever Action rifle, it has a tang sight added that I now want to remove. I need to find a way to fill the extra hole in the tang. Seems like a simple job, but I don't know where to find a screw-hole filler. Can anyone help?
    Capitol Armory ad

rednekked

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Rockport
    I don't want to weld it up, or JB Weld it - I'll take the old screw to Ace and see if they have an allen head screw that will work. That and some red lock-tight should make the fix for me.

Thanks for the answers.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Uh..."filler screws" are a thing. Brownells has 'em.

p_149001399_1.jpg

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    For that small of a screw, I would go with purple loctite rather than even blue. Definitely not red, you will never get it out.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Marlin Lever Action rifle, it has a tang sight added that I now want to remove. I need to find a way to fill the extra hole in the tang. Seems like a simple job, but I don't know where to find a screw-hole filler. Can anyone help?
    If you’re going to the reunion, I’ll give you the 4 little factory Marlin screws I just took out of mine this morning.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014

rednekked,

IF you were closer to The Alamo City, I would give you one. = I bought 25 of them in various sizes for 15 cents each at a recent gun-show, in case that I needed 2 or 3. - "Filler screws" are not hard to find & YEP the small screws from a hardware store will likely fill your hole(s) quite well, too.

yours, satx

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I don't want to weld it up, or JB Weld it - I'll take the old screw to Ace and see if they have an allen head screw that will work. That and some red lock-tight should make the fix for me.

Thanks for the answers.
    I agree with the others. Red is permanent on tiny screws. Blue may even be pushing it.

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2008
    Jacksonville, Tx, W.Monroe, La
    +1 on Brownells and possibly Midway. I have numerous guns that have pre drilled and tap scope mount holes with filler screws, no locktite and they stay in place. I also have a Marlin like you where I removed a tang sight and put in a filler screw. Aligned the screw with the length of the gun and put a dab of clear finger nail polish on the threads. It has stayed put for years.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom