• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DIESEL-44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2014
    Mailed my CHL stuff on 3/10 and the status finally changed today 4/30 from "waiting for required material to arrive" , now says waiting on back round check to complete, everything else shows completed. Now we will see how long it takes to receive it.
    Gun Zone Deals

DIESEL-44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2014
    5/1 now says back round check complete.

Now says
    Concealed handgun license: Manufacturing pending

The reason I am posting this is for anyone else waiting and wondering will have an idea on time.

DIESEL-44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2014
    What does a round back have to do with getting a CHL?

:p The updates are waaay behind actual activity. Do you want them updating the site or processing apps?

where do you see round back anything?

I doubt a few keystrokes on a computer is slowing them down much and yes I want to know.

My only reason for even posting this is so others might know what to expect.

5/2 SAYS LICENSE MAILED

pilotranger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2014

I doubt a few keystrokes on a computer is slowing them down much and yes I want to know.

5/2 SAYS LICENSE MAILED

Mine still say background check review and it's been like that forever (since mid April). I might have to call them an complain it's taking so long. It took forever to go from "waiting on documents" to "background check pending". I have a feeling it will be July until my license is printing.

DIESEL-44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2014
    OK last report for those of you waiting for yours. License arrived today. So beginning to end, mailed March 10th, received May 7th.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011

5/2 SAYS LICENSE MAILED
    It was a play on your "back round check" words in the OP.

For the last reported fiscal year there was 64,326 CHLs issued (not simply applied for) which means an average of 5,360 per month to update online. How did you arrive at "a few keystrokes"?

There is a long time existing thread for that very reason, here it is: It's a sticky thread at the top of the CHL section.

You likely have the plastic by now which is 58 days from the date you claim to have mailed the application. By law, TxDPS is allowed 90 days to process same, you should be very pleased with the efficiency of DPS.

Top Bottom