• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LittleGun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    Spring/Houston
    I've been renting guns and test firing for 2 weeks, at five different ranges. This weekend I pulled the trigger (forgive the pun) on my first handgun. I bought a de-horned Sig P239 with night sights and Crimson Trace Grips. It came with holster, mag pouch, and free range time. I can't stop looking at it and I can't stop dry-firing it. I think you fellow gun owners know what I mean. It's a good thing I bought some snap caps. So I am finally a gun owner. Moreover I am a Texas gun owner and I've already signed up for CHL.
    Guns International

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    mike.jpg

Congrads.Post a pic asap before the sarge shows up.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Cool! Sigs are great guns. Those P239's shoot very well too. Believe me, I know the feeling. Sometimes you just can't keep your hands off the darn things and just have to handle them.

LittleGun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    Spring/Houston
    Here are a few pics.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
      DSC_0001.jpg
      35.5 KB · Views: 233
    • DSC_0003.jpg
      DSC_0003.jpg
      76.3 KB · Views: 230
    • DSC_0009.jpg
      DSC_0009.jpg
      48.2 KB · Views: 233
    • DSC_0015.jpg
      DSC_0015.jpg
      38.3 KB · Views: 240

LittleGun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    Spring/Houston
    I also want to say that I bought my gun at Shiloh Shooting Range, in Houston. The folk there were very friendly and helpful. During my gun shopping, I thought about getting something online to save some money. Then I realized I had an opportunity to make friends at a local range and support my community with a significant purchase.

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    Nice pics ,have you shot it yet,we need a range report on how well it shoots.
    You cant beat the folks at Shiloh,they are the best folks to do business
    with anywhere around here.

LittleGun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    Spring/Houston
    I have indeed fired it. Here is a little range report. As soon as I bought it, I went directly to the shooter's box. By the end of the day, I put 500 rounds through it. The action felt a little stiff at first, but it smoothed out as the round count increased. My salesman said that might happen.

The sights are dead-on. I had to refine my grip and trigger pull. Once I did that, I got consistent groupings. I still need some practice with the DA pull, but I'm getting better with it. The more I fired, the better I got and the better the gun got. An instructor gave me a few pointers and I was getting good groupings at 15 yards.

Recoil is not bad at all, and this coming from a little guy. I have no problem controlling it. I found that if I loosen my grip too much, it sometimes fails to eject properly. I guess it doesn't take kindly to limp-wristing.

I waited until I got comfortable with the gun before activating the laser sighting. I've always regarded laser sighting as just a fancy gadget. That day change my point of view. The laser improved my shooting, not because I aim better with it, but because it helps reduce anticipating the shot. First, I sight the target normally. When I feel good about my aim, I activate the laser. When the dot appears, I automatically shoot without anticipation. The laser is a fun tool, but I don't see myself using it all the time. There is something special about manually feeling a good shot and taking it. I like the Crimson Trace grips better than the stock Sig grips. So even when not using the laser, I get a benefit.

I didn't think much of the night sights until I was at home and darkness fell. The sights are bright, crisp, and clear. If I had to do some business in low light, I think the night sights would help a lot. So would the laser.

After getting home, I broke down the gun and cleaned it. It is easy to clean and lube. It took only a few minutes. Maybe that is because it is new.

The only thing I don't like about the gun is the mag capacity which is 8 rounds. The gun is designed for concealed carry, so I can't complain much. I going to buy some 10 round mags and see how they look and handle. I've heard that there are high capacity mags for the P239. Maybe I'll check them out.

robertl1974

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    houston tx
    nice gun i just got mine about three weeks ago i could not put it down even went to the the bathroom with it just to look at it oh and also just in case the zombies broke in lol i am takeing my chl class this weekend at the shiloh shooting range

shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    Littlegun,
    We appreciate you supporting us and you ARE a friend for life! You were right in your decision making...You can save a few bucks ordering online, but by making friends at our range and in our community, you will always have an ally if you have any firearms issues or if you just want to add to your collection! We are always here for our great customers like yourself and will help you in any way we can anytime! I believe that is worth the extra few bucks and not having the hassle of an FFL transfer. Anyway, Littlegun has been a RANGE RAT!!! Let's just say he purchased all his ammo from us and 500 rounds is a lloooooowww estimate. He even showed up at least twice one day (I left early) and has yet to destroy a target hanger. Trust me, a veeerrrry impressive feat for a newbie! Pics of his targets should be on here! Next up, moving and shooting in our tactical workouts! Thank you Littlegun!
    Jeff, Ngoc, and Steve

Roadkill Bill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The only thing I don't like about the gun is the mag capacity which is 8 rounds.

How many times do you plan on missing? Don't worry about the capacity. Once you learn to shoot it you won't need that many. The 1911 is one of the finest combat arms ever produced, and how many rounds does it have? I had to have a high capacity gun when I first started shooting. Got a Glock 21 with 14 rounds of .45 ACP. I still carry it, but now (15 years later) when I carry one of my 6-shot .357s, or 8 round Makarov, I don't worry about it at all. I know I can hit with any of them, and capacity isn't an issue anymore. So enjoy your Sig. It's a fine weapon that will serve you well.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I wouldn't worry too much about capacity. For the most part, any bullet is going to ruin most attacker's/robber's day. 9mm is perfectly sufficient for self defense use. Shot placement is the most important aspect.

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    leeroy (littlegun) has taken both of shiloh's tactical classes (beginners and i stuck by him today through the advance just to get a feel for it) and i must say, each time the guy comes by the range, he improves more and more on his skill. and to think he just started to shoot a few weeks ago!!!

Top Bottom