• TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Found them on ebay for dirt cheap. I am planning on big things for this gun. I have so much .22lr right now and up until yesterday, I didn't even have a single .22 gun on hand
    So, you’re the guy that made it difficult to get ammo for those of us who shoot 22. Bet you stockpiled all the 22 mag too didn’t you ?

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    So, you’re the guy that made it difficult to get ammo for those of us who shoot 22. Bet you stockpiled all the 22 mag too didn’t you ?
    Nope. I have always kept a stock of .22 on hand and I dont panic buy really. If I didn't have a .22lr firearm on hand, I sure as shit don't have a .22 mag

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    I did replace the factory stock with a magpul precision hunter series I think it was called angle for your trigger hand is steeper so it’s more comfortable to shoot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Here is my 10/22, this was given to me by my staff when I retired from the Army.

10082006093_med.jpg

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I love my 10/22... i've had it for about 25 years... it looks similar to Ole Cowboy's above with the Butler Creek stock. When i built it, my buddy built one with a bull barrel & we would go shoot at the 100yard & end up shooting out the bulls eyes, then shooting the clothes clip off & making the target drop.
    Many times i have pondered upgrading the trigger, barrel & stock & dropping some more $$$ into it, but every time i get around to shopping for upgrades i always end up stumbling across the Magnum Research site with 22 Magnum Lite Rifle. Then realize for as much money to upgrade my existing 10/22 i could just get the Magnum Lite.... hmmm 1st world problems.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I love my 10/22... i've had it for about 25 years... it looks similar to Ole Cowboy's above with the Butler Creek stock. When i built it, my buddy built one with a bull barrel & we would go shoot at the 100yard & end up shooting out the bulls eyes, then shooting the clothes clip off & making the target drop.
    Many times i have pondered upgrading the trigger, barrel & stock & dropping some more $$$ into it, but every time i get around to shopping for upgrades i always end up stumbling across the Magnum Research site with 22 Magnum Lite Rifle. Then realize for as much money to upgrade my existing 10/22 i could just get the Magnum Lite.... hmmm 1st world problems.
    I bought one way back in the late 70's IIRC, used to to chase snakes in rivers, creeks, ponds and finally got to where it was erratic shooting, I put maybe 25k rds thru that thing prob a lot more over many years of hunting. Great guns by any measure...

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch

TxStetson

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I have the Magnum Research and it’s awesome. It’s the most accurate thing I’ve ever shot. Even with crappy ammo.

PCMusicGuy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2016
    I have a 10/22 takedown in stainless that I recently put an X22 backpacker stock on. Great little gun. Love shooting it. Cycle's well with original 10 round and 50 round mags. My brother bought one with an aftermarket stock at Field and Stream, but his will not reliably cycle the 50 round mags even with all of the reported tricks to solve that issue. It's a bummer because it's a great little gun but now he is looking to sale it.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I have the Magnum Research and it’s awesome. It’s the most accurate thing I’ve ever shot. Even with crappy ammo.

Yeah, they look like they shoot pretty straight.
    I have keltec PMR30 & i would like to add the CMR30 to the collection one day soon.
    I did win a Henry .22 lever action from a Knights of Columbus raffle last year. I wanted the .22 mag version so ended up paying another $400 to get the golden boy. I shot it for the first time a few months ago at 50 yards & man that thing was dead on out of the box.. i was really impressed with it & she's pretty too boot.

Last edited:

TxStetson

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Yeah, they look like they shoot pretty straight.
    I have keltec PMR30 & i would like to add the CMR30 to the collection one day soon.
    I did win a Henry .22 lever action from a Knights of Columbus raffle last year. I wanted the .22 mag version so ended up paying another $400 to get the golden boy. I shot it for the first time a few months ago at 50 yards & man that thing was dead on out of the box.. i was really impressed with it & she's pretty too boot.
    Yes Sir, those are nice shooters.

Top Bottom