• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Finally got my class paid for and scheduled after putting it off and different delays. Now I need to go online and do the application. My question is, is there one single place online I can go to get all the details on my arrest (a couple young and dumb moments 20-30 years ago) record? Or do I need to try and remember the exact agencies involved and go to them individually and get the info that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Capitol Armory ad

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    If you can remember the year, charge and disposition that's all you really need. They're going to background you anyway.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    I can’t remember exact dates (which they ask for), and I’m not really sure which agency (HPD, DPS, HCSO) they are listed under. Also I was under the impression that if you answer “yes” to the arrest question that you have to send in supporting documentation. So I was hoping there was a way to go to one site and pull up all the info that would be on my record, rather than going to each individual place and trying to find it. There are websites that claim that for a certain amount of money they will do a background check, but I would rather gather the info from an official source. I’m not sure why they need the info from me, like you said, they should have it available when they do the background check.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I provided information on the last incident. That was a DUI that happened 13 years ago. That is beyond the time one would receive a “denied” for a “conviction” I’m 70 yo... they wanna go back 30-40 years to find the other one more power to’em.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    I went to the DPS website and paid a couple dollars for a record search on me and got the dates and official charges. When I was online filling out the LTC application it said I would need to provide certified details on any arrests, but I just filled out the required info and submitted it. I guess if they need more info from me, I will get it from them, then give it bank to them!

(Makes no sense to me either)

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Well took the class today. It was like every other group class I’ve ever taken. There was the guy who thought he knew more than the instructor. He brought his range bag with 6 different handguns, and had them all out trying to impress the people who were new to guns. There was another guy who obviously just got his first gun, because he brought his out too and had it pointing at me and my daughter 2 or 3 times before I finally told him to watch where he was pointing it. Then there was a young woman who just could NOT follow directions. NOT ONCE the whole day was she ever doing what she was suppose to be doing. Don’t know if she passed or not. I figured showing up and having one bit of common sense would allow you to pass but I’m not sure she had any. Got my part done, so just have to wait now. I’ve had people tell me they got theirs in a few weeks, and another friend of mine waited almost 6 months.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I can’t remember exact dates (which they ask for), and I’m not really sure which agency (HPD, DPS, HCSO) they are listed under. Also I was under the impression that if you answer “yes” to the arrest question that you have to send in supporting documentation. So I was hoping there was a way to go to one site and pull up all the info that would be on my record, rather than going to each individual place and trying to find it. There are websites that claim that for a certain amount of money they will do a background check, but I would rather gather the info from an official source. I’m not sure why they need the info from me, like you said, they should have it available when they do the background check.

I had to go to the county clerk and get a certified copy of the disposition. Then get it scanned to a pdf file and connect it electronically to the application.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

flgfish

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2020
    The Woodlands
    Well took the class today. It was like every other group class I’ve ever taken. There was the guy who thought he knew more than the instructor. He brought his range bag with 6 different handguns, and had them all out trying to impress the people who were new to guns. There was another guy who obviously just got his first gun, because he brought his out too and had it pointing at me and my daughter 2 or 3 times before I finally told him to watch where he was pointing it. Then there was a young woman who just could NOT follow directions. NOT ONCE the whole day was she ever doing what she was suppose to be doing. Don’t know if she passed or not. I figured showing up and having one bit of common sense would allow you to pass but I’m not sure she had any. Got my part done, so just have to wait now. I’ve had people tell me they got theirs in a few weeks, and another friend of mine waited almost 6 months.

I did my class mid-July. Had the fingerprints submitted on August 5th. Got the LTC in the mail on the 21st.
    Just a recent report, anyway.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    If you can remember the year, charge and disposition that's all you really need. They're going to background you anyway.
    Depending on the charge he will most likely have to provide supporting documents with his application. Not doing so initially could delay the process. Simply stated, if you have ever been fingerprinted and charged with a crime that was dismissed DPS is gonna want paperwork.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    IIRC, you can be denied, if not disqualified, for a "material omission" for leaving something off the application.
    I had a bounced check about 1983. Forgot to pay it. Warrant issued. Went to the JP court. JP said you are under arrest, go across the hall to the constables office and get arrested. Constable didn't even look up. Told me to go in the next room and call a bondsman. 15 minutes and I was on my way home. Paid off payday. No big deal.
    Except,,,,,,when I went to get a disposition, there wasn't one at the JP courts. Any of them. Or arrest record. So I went to the county clerk like they told me too. Got the 2 I knew they had. No problem. What about the other one? There isn't another.
    4 hours, 4 county clerks and 3 investigators later....no record.
    Ok. I left it off. But I sweated it until the card was in my hand.
    If I had gotten those records before I did the application, it would have saved me 2 months of waiting.
    If you have an arrest, no matter for what or how old, get the disposition papers. If you don't report it and they find it, you can get screwed quick.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Mmmm... spent 8 years USN, ‘72-‘80. Up and down the east coast. Managed to get at least 1 dui at each duty station. I don’t remember where or when. Chasing that down would be a logistical nightmare. I was stationed every where from Newport News, R.I. To Jacksonville, FL. Pre computerized records some states may have digitized those records some not. Guess I’m just going to play the waiting game and see what happens. None of the convections were felonies all are outside the 10 year window for mlsdemenors, so, if they find nothing to disqualify me I’m short on understanding why they would.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    I put the info about the 2 arrests I’ve had on my application. I put the dates, charges, and final disposition on there. Do I still need to provide more info? If so, do I go to the county clerks office and explain what I need and why? I submitted the application online 3 weeks ago, did my fingerprints, and took the class and turned the certificate in.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    I put the info about the 2 arrests I’ve had on my application. I put the dates, charges, and final disposition on there. Do I still need to provide more info? If so, do I go to the county clerks office and explain what I need and why? I submitted the application online 3 weeks ago, did my fingerprints, and took the class and turned the certificate in.

It's good that you listed the arrests on your application. If DPS wants more clarification they will send a letter. The good thing about that is the letter will have information telling you exactly what they found. At that point you should have no problem getting required ( if any ) paperwork. In your case, the only thing negative that may happen is a slight delay.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    LMAO.....Dude i wouldn't expect a LTC anytime soon

And today... just like yesterday... and the day before that... and the day before that... etc...

Logged in to check my LTC status and lo'n'behold... all green except for print pending. Background and fingerprint review finally completed and green. I honestly don't know if this means I'm actually going to get an LTC or it simply means everything has been reviewed and ??? Dunno but it's looking better - I suppose.

Top Bottom