• ...and so much more!
  • Drivinfast Ammo

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    New Braunfels
    Glad I found TGT.
    True Story. One of us kids used to spend the summer at our Grandmothers(Mom) in Center TX. I suppose I was around 10 or so in the mid 60's. Mom wakes me up in the middle of the night. She had the Winchester 1890 22 short pump rifle in one hand and the flashlight in the other. She hated armadillos that rooted in her garden and shrubs. "You have to kill em" she said. "I'll hold the flashlight and you shoot em in the head. No good shooting in the armor, it'l just bounce off". So off we go. We found the armadillo, she held the light and I shot him in the head from about 15-20 yds. I fell in love with firearms and ammo then and there.
    DK Firearms

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Glad I found TGT.
    True Story. One of us kids used to spend the summer at our Grandmothers(Mom) in Center TX. I suppose I was around 10 or so in the mid 60's. Mom wakes me up in the middle of the night. She had the Winchester 1890 22 short pump rifle in one hand and the flashlight in the other. She hated armadillos that rooted in her garden and shrubs. "You have to kill em" she said. "I'll hold the flashlight and you shoot em in the head. No good shooting in the armor, it'l just bounce off". So off we go. We found the armadillo, she held the light and I shot him in the head from about 15-20 yds. I fell in love with firearms and ammo then and there.

drivinfast,

WELCOM. - ImVho, you've found the BEST gun forum in Texas & perhaps anyplace on the "Worldwideweird".

yours, satx

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    Welcome aboard.

I enjoyed your story. I used to travel through Center a lot, it had one the best gun shops in East Texas.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Welcome aboard.

I enjoyed your story. I used to travel through Center a lot, it had one the best gun shops in East Texas.

I did too, however you made it sound as if your mom gave a gun to a 10 year old that never fired a gun before, and told you to start shooting at something in the dark.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom