• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spencerk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    San Antonio
    Just figured out what rear sight I’m getting thrown in for free. A Matech BUIS. Bout $100 value right there.

0A148B23-50F5-4714-8EDA-042E577EA1F3.jpeg
    Venture Surplus ad

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    Meh just pointing out how great Texas is. Not so much this is how CA does it. Lol.

It feels like I’ve been released from prison or some shit. Guns that I own here would have caught me a felony in CA. Makes me feel giggly like a giant man baby.

I hear you, completely. CA gun control BS chased me out of that state twice (maybe I'm a slow learner). The place done got wrecked by lilly-livered soy eating pop-people. I too have felt like I just escaped from somewhere (it's been just 1 year from us). As soon as I got my TX ID I was like a kid in a candy store. Heck.. I just bought 3 more guns last week! No 10-day waits, not DROS fees, no... BS. I sold all my featurless parts before I left CA... stupid stuff... and those damn bullet buttons!

Fret not, I have NO desire of any kind to Californicate this fine state we now call home!! I'd rather live in a place with politeness and reasonable housing costs, and plastic straws for my sweet tea!!

Last edited:

Spencerk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    San Antonio
    Almost done with my diamondback.

I was going to go ahead and buy a piston gun but I did the math and for the same price of a good piston gun I could convert my diamondback to a piston gun with a Franklin armory binary trigger for less money (that’s ALL IN, not conversion cost)

With all the mods (holosun sight, MFT grip, MFT minimalist stock, MFT muzzle brake, magpul vfg, bfsIII, and the superlative arms lo pro piston kit) I’ll be in the piston game at an less than $1300. About the cost of a low to mid range piston gun and I’ll have the EXACT gun I want.

My DB15 is going to likely get a suppressor and an SBR treatment in the future too which is why I’m going with the superlative arms piston kit. It has bleed off and closed system functionalities.

A lot of people keep asking my why convert, and honestly, it’s because I like modifying and tinkering. I know I can get a spectacular gun for just a little more money but I like guns that are unique. And this one is just that.

I have already run about 2k rounds through it. Only malfunctions I had were with one magazine, so that’s not a gun issue.

Can’t wait to get the bfsIII and piston kit. It’s going to be doing full mag dumps with my c-mag lol.

The MFT minimalist stock and muzzle brake are on their way from optics planet. I was able to get both for about $60 total shipped. I also have an absolute cowitness height mount for the holosun on the way. No real point to have the lower 3rd mount with flip up sights.

This gun really heats up with the DI system. Most of my ar’s in the past have had heavy barrels and mid length or rifle length gas tubes so I didn’t notice the heat as much as I do with this carbine length. It really heats up when running and gunning/running drills but the larue tactical rail clips really work to protect my hands.
    792835FF-F5AC-4267-96BE-76D4710288BC.jpeg

rem1138

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2018
    Dallas
    Awesome! Can't wait until I move to Dallas, and can convert my currently featureless Californian rifle back to standard (as Eugene Stoner intended her to be).

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Almost done with my diamondback.

I was going to go ahead and buy a piston gun but I did the math and for the same price of a good piston gun I could convert my diamondback to a piston gun with a Franklin armory binary trigger for less money (that’s ALL IN, not conversion cost)

With all the mods (holosun sight, MFT grip, MFT minimalist stock, MFT muzzle brake, magpul vfg, bfsIII, and the superlative arms lo pro piston kit) I’ll be in the piston game at an less than $1300. About the cost of a low to mid range piston gun and I’ll have the EXACT gun I want.

My DB15 is going to likely get a suppressor and an SBR treatment in the future too which is why I’m going with the superlative arms piston kit. It has bleed off and closed system functionalities.

A lot of people keep asking my why convert, and honestly, it’s because I like modifying and tinkering. I know I can get a spectacular gun for just a little more money but I like guns that are unique. And this one is just that.

I have already run about 2k rounds through it. Only malfunctions I had were with one magazine, so that’s not a gun issue.

Can’t wait to get the bfsIII and piston kit. It’s going to be doing full mag dumps with my c-mag lol.

The MFT minimalist stock and muzzle brake are on their way from optics planet. I was able to get both for about $60 total shipped. I also have an absolute cowitness height mount for the holosun on the way. No real point to have the lower 3rd mount with flip up sights.

This gun really heats up with the DI system. Most of my ar’s in the past have had heavy barrels and mid length or rifle length gas tubes so I didn’t notice the heat as much as I do with this carbine length. It really heats up when running and gunning/running drills but the larue tactical rail clips really work to protect my hands.
    View attachment 146916
    The great thing about AR's is that there are so many parts out there that modifying one yourself can be like no other very easily.

Top Bottom